• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2022 at 3:33 PM, Buzzetta said:

No one cares if you change your point of view.  If someone wants to be a great person by the standards of the host then be a great person.  If someone wants to be a disgusting person by the standards of the host then be a disgusting person.  But if that someone chooses to be a disgusting person it has been made very clear that they are to be that way somewhere else.   

If you want to voice your point of view and that is more important than the ability to buy books then you are free to choose what is more important to you.  If you want to buy books and not miss out then keep your point of view to yourself or bring it over to another website like Vintage Comics is doing.   It's your choice it seems.    

You are way too invested then if you feel people are emotionally blackmailing you. 

goofy

On 8/16/2022 at 6:42 PM, The Meta said:

You're way too invested in making this post

Not really, you responded and I responded back.  If you do not like the answer that is your prerogative.   

(shrug)

On 8/16/2022 at 6:46 PM, Buzzetta said:

Not really, you responded and I responded back.  If you do not like the answer that is your prerogative.   

(shrug)

What I don't like is the fact in the past several months, anytime I've had something negative to say about how I've been moderated, you run over to throw in your 2 cents, like its your job

I didn't ask for your answer

On 8/16/2022 at 6:48 PM, The Meta said:

What I don't like is the fact in the past several months, anytime I've had something negative to say about how I've been moderated, you run over to throw in your 2 cents, like its your job

I didn't ask for your answer

Then don't put the comments out there for people to respond to.  Are you doing it for validation?  Are you only asking for answers of those that agree with you? 

What responses are you seeking when you post such things? 

Maybe I feel that it would be a shame to see you be forced to leave when you cannot contain yourself after being told to stop?  

On 8/16/2022 at 6:53 PM, Sigur Ros said:

Can't wait 'til we start seeing lots of 9.9s and 10s on Whatnot Publishing books. 

I wonder if they are going to give away 9.9's and 10's for a feel good moment with the comics community so that certain things blow over. 

On 8/16/2022 at 6:54 PM, Buzzetta said:

Then don't put the comments out there for people to respond to.  Are you doing it for validation?  Are you only asking for answers of those that agree with you? 

What responses are you seeking when you post such things? 

Maybe I feel that it would be a shame to see you be forced to leave when you cannot contain yourself after being told to stop?  

I'm doing it to vent, do I honestly carry on like Roy

Give me a break. You're the one that went on a tirade about how sick and tired you were of listening to people person_without_enough_empathy, like you have anything whatsoever to do with it.

Use that ignore feature, or just write me off, but please, keep your 2 cents to yourself regarding it

Fairly obvious I don't care what you or the majority of people think

On 8/16/2022 at 6:17 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Given the nature and volume of his workload, I’m surprised he keeps them as a client. 

I just don’t understand why he took the job in the first place.  

I’d call him a sell-out....but that makes zero sense since he doesn’t need the money.  I’m sure there’s a logical reason, but I’m at a loss to what that could be. ???

On 8/16/2022 at 5:54 PM, Buzzetta said:

I wonder if they are going to give away 9.9's and 10's for a feel good moment with the comics community so that certain things blow over. 

Tbh on Facebook within the past couple of weeks or before the acetate gate, ahem, cgc had giveaways and told everyone to expect more within a little while :cheers:

On 8/16/2022 at 5:58 PM, jcjames said:

Anyone downstream of the publisher can damage books any way they want. If it breaches a retailer contract to glue their business cards to the front of the book or to staple an acetate overlay cover with their own logo, that's between Marvel and the retailer. 

:censored: 

I can only imagine comiclink catching wind of it, their stickers are still on some of my slabs at least...

On 8/16/2022 at 4:58 PM, jcjames said:

What is egregious and obvious is that the now-laughably "impartial and objective third-party grader" called CGC sold grades to the artist and retailer for these Frankebooks BEFOREHAND.

CGC was IN on the deal from the beginning and, in exchange for having final approval for the damage done to the book and probably for a load of cash too, CGC agreed to IGNORE the damage done to the book while grading it and give them an undeserved Blue-Label (as well as the obviously inflated store-bought grades on the books too) because... reasons. They even said so themselves. 

:censored: 

Where is the evidence? The absolute proof? Your point of view is much too absolute.

Or maybe you have some insider information?

On 8/16/2022 at 3:57 PM, The Meta said:

Give me a break. You're the one that went on a tirade about how sick and tired you were of listening to people person_without_enough_empathy, like you have anything whatsoever to do with it.

Use that ignore feature, or just write me off, but please, keep your 2 cents to yourself regarding it

Post after post complaining about other people is a strange way of showing your indifference.

On 8/16/2022 at 7:11 PM, shadroch said:

Post after post complaining about other people is a strange way of showing your indifference.

And look who has to chime in as well

Ever stop to think about how selfish you come across as, from time to time?

Yeah didnt think so

On 8/16/2022 at 6:57 PM, The Meta said:

No you do not carry on like Roy. 

Again, as I have been told.  If I put something out there for public consumption then they are free to comment on it.  Until we finally get that dedicated ignore function many of us would like to see, it is what it is.  

So, I guess deal with it.  Like I have been told to deal with certain people "liking" posts that criticize me.

P.S. I thought your posts on the Prey movie were spot on. 

On 8/12/2022 at 10:02 AM, CGC Mike said:

We feel it is important to provide transparency on how CGC arrived at our method of certifying Clayton Crain’s Ultimate Fallout comics with the attached acetate covers. For us, this was an unprecedented item to grade. After Mr. Crain spoke with us prior to C2E2, the rules we applied to his books:

• The additional cover had to be created by an established artist in the industry.
  • The comic to which the cover was attached had to contain a cover by that same artist.
  • A copy of the comic with the attached cover had to be submitted to us for inspection prior to certifying any copies.

Given the recent circumstances, we have made adjustments to the labeling originally used for the Ultimate Fallout exhibiting the acetate cover. Going forward, any copies submitted to CGC will display in the label text: "In God We Intrust" Acetate Artist Cover attached with 2 staples after manufacturing. The books will still be allowed to receive a Universal label.

This will also apply to Mr. Crain’s forthcoming copies of Ghost Rider #1 and Deadpool Nerdy 30 #1 that contain an acetate cover.  

On 8/16/2022 at 4:05 PM, eddly said:

Where is the evidence? The absolute proof? Your point of view is much too absolute.

Or maybe you have some insider information?

Right up there.