• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
25 25

4,556 posts in this topic

I'll never understand the logic

You make a video, you know you made yourself out a fool, you take it down 

Make another video, its taken down, chances are high, you did it again 

So we looking at 3rd times a charm

Honestly, just walk away from the computer 

People like this text and drive

On 9/13/2022 at 5:50 PM, Greengiant said:

I was starting to read that thread but got taken down as i was reading. Was curious what EVS had to chime in about

It was just starting to get good...

Not trying to create controversy or debate the issue. My POV - There are a lot of folks trying to think independently, making difficult decisions they may not agree with. To your point, there is a large swath who rely on others (media, etc.) to make their decisions, but I still believe there are many who make decisions based on logic and situation. For every situation I mentioned, there may be two or more sides to consider.

On 9/14/2022 at 2:59 PM, DocCRR said:

Not trying to create controversy or debate the issue. My POV - There are a lot of folks trying to think independently, making difficult decisions they may not agree with. To your point, there is a large swath who rely on others (media, etc.) to make their decisions, but I still believe there are many who make decisions based on logic and situation. For every situation I mentioned, there may be two or more sides to consider.

I've always thought that the majority of writers, if they don't have a plan, or imagination, tend to draw from current events and pop culture and generally there has been a shift, that if you can't find satisfaction where you are, you CAN just move around

I found Image, Valiant and independents like Kitchen Sink as a breath of fresh air when they first started up 

Staled rather quickly, but I really enjoyed the first years 

I agree with you. This is a complex issue. I'm OK with creative differences in comics, and new comic publishers, but using 'labelling' to justify the change just smacks of divisiveness/controversy to sell, even though the content (story/art, etc.) should really be the deciding factor. I believe most comic fans understand this, and dont blindly accept it (my reasoning for my 'No' answer).

Edited by DocCRR

On 9/17/2022 at 9:09 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Online I saw a green label 10.0 of the acetate 

There are only nine books with a CGC 10 Qualified (Green Label) in the CGC Census. UF#4 Acetate is 4 of them, and there's 1 each for the Deadpool and Ghost Rider Acetate books.

Believe it or not, the first CGC 10 Qualified (Green Label) was graded in 2011...  Lady Death: The Crucible #1/2 Wizard Special Edition

Another CGC 10 Qualified book is Lady Death in Lingerie #1 Leather Edition graded in 2012.

The other is Divinica #1 Pearl Edition by publisher J.P. Roth graded in 2017.

The census doesn't show the detail, but my guess is that the CGC 10 Qualified that aren't acetate covers are qualified for unwitnessed signatures.

Edited by valiantman

On 9/21/2022 at 4:52 AM, billsid said:

So if a book with 4 added holes can get a 9.8,9.9 and 10.0 then realistically all of our LEGIT 9.8's should really be 10's right????

Well, yeah, that’s part of the con. CGC screwed their customers from the get-go by making 9.8 their go-to grade for flawless books. 

On 9/21/2022 at 8:47 AM, ak47po said:

More acetate covers coming. C2E2 started a trend.

883027745_Screenshot(100).thumb.png.62521c88531e46053de8f27f39e8774c.png

A large portion of collectibles consumers learned nothing from the 90's. I don't want to hear them cry about it in the coming years when they spent thousands on their collection and it ends up being worthless.