• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions Requested! What sets do you want to see next?
4 4

180 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 2/18/2024 at 9:27 PM, Gehl said:
On 1/16/2024 at 3:32 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Hello @CGC Lyndsey & @Maribeth !

Can we get the following sets added to the queue for the CGC Trading Card Registry new set requests list?

1. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Universe Series IV (1993) - Red Foil Cards & Hologram (Red Foil #'s 1-9 + Hologram #1)

2. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Amazing Spider-Man Series 1 (1994) - Suspended Animation Cards (#'s 1-12)

3. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Amazing Spider-Man Series 1 (1994) - Holograms (#'s 1-4)

4. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Amazing Spider-Man Series 1 (1994) - Suspended Animation & Hologram Cards (Master Set - Suspended Animation #'s 1-12 + Holograms #'s 1-4)

5. Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Universe Series V (1994) - Power Blast Cards (#'s 1-9)

Thank you for your help as always in creating new sets for us TC enthusiasts to have fun and compete with...it is greatly appreciated!

~ SR 

Expand  

I second all of these cards sets.

and to add I have a full graded base set in my inventory waiting for a place to go :(

Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Amazing Spider-Man Series 1 (1994) - Base Set (#'s 1-150)

Thanks for seconding and for the great suggestion! :) 

• Administrator
On 2/20/2024 at 9:30 AM, cyclonus11 said:

Hi @CGC Lyndsey - are you able to help with this? These three cards have the incorrect set in my registry inventory and the pop report. They should be all under The List set - the labels are correct:

Thank you!

Wow, that is so strange! I tried to re-look up the certification numbers in the system, but it said there was no update. I also tried removing them and re-adding them to your inventory, but that also didn't work. I've passed this along to our web team to look into, and I'll let you know when I hear back. 

• Administrator
On 2/22/2024 at 10:08 AM, Hobby Central said:

I'd love to see some more Yu-Gi-Oh get sets, we've only had LOB for way too long.

Original Starter Decks SDK and SDY

Metal Raiders

Magic/Spell Ruler

Legacy of Darkness 

Just more early sets would be nice.

Thanks so much for the great suggestions! 

Hello @CGC Lyndsey!

I wanted to add another set to be added to the queue for the CGC Trading Card Registry new set requests list:

Select a Game: DC/Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Amalgam Comics (1996) - Holopix Cards (#'s 1-6)

*One thing to note that since there is only a Marvel 'Game' category, this would need to be in a new category since one for this type of card does not currently exist as its a fusion of DC & Marvel characters.

Thank you for your help as always in creating new sets for us TC enthusiasts to have fun and compete with...it is greatly appreciated!

~ SR 

Hello (again) @CGC Lyndsey!

I wanted to add another set to be added to the queue for the CGC Trading Card Registry new set requests list:

Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Universe Series V (1994) - 3-D Hologram Cards (#'s 1-4)

~ SR

• Administrator
On 3/1/2024 at 11:38 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Hello @CGC Lyndsey!

Select a Game: DC/Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Amalgam Comics (1996) - Holopix Cards (#'s 1-6)

*One thing to note that since there is only a Marvel 'Game' category, this would need to be in a new category since one for this type of card does not currently exist as its a fusion of DC & Marvel characters.

~ SR 

On 3/2/2024 at 4:31 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Hello (again) @CGC Lyndsey!

Select a Game: Marvel Trading Cards > Select a Sub-Category: Creator Era (1986-1996) > Select a Set Type: Marvel Universe Series V (1994) - 3-D Hologram Cards (#'s 1-4)

~ SR

Thanks for the great suggestions! :) 

• Administrator
On 3/6/2024 at 8:24 AM, cyclonus11 said:

Hello! Were there any new sets this week?

Oops! Good catch, thank you! It was Pokémon Astral Radiance from the Sword & Shield era. I'll add the post now :) 

• Administrator
On 3/10/2024 at 4:58 AM, Brain said:

Hello,

Would you add the 1966 DC Topps Batman Black Bat Cards to the registry?  Thank you!

Thanks for the great suggestion! :) 

On 3/11/2024 at 1:56 PM, CGC Lyndsey said:

Thanks for the great suggestion! :) 

When adding the 66' Topps Black Bat version of Batman cards, don't leave out the other (4) Batman Sets that Topps produced that year.  That includes:

1966 Topps Batman A Series Red Bat - 44 cards
1966 Topps Batman B Series Blue Bat - 44 cards
1966 Topps Batman Bat Laffs - 55 cards
1966 Topps Batman Riddler Back - 38 cards

• Administrator
On 3/12/2024 at 5:17 AM, TwoYewts said:

When adding the 66' Topps Black Bat version of Batman cards, don't leave out the other (4) Batman Sets that Topps produced that year.  That includes:

1966 Topps Batman A Series Red Bat - 44 cards
1966 Topps Batman B Series Blue Bat - 44 cards
1966 Topps Batman Bat Laffs - 55 cards
1966 Topps Batman Riddler Back - 38 cards

Thanks for the great suggestions! :) 

• Administrator
On 3/23/2024 at 11:19 AM, LeGregJames said:

Hello, would you be able to add the 1999 Japanese Pokémon Communication Evolution Campaign Holo Masaki Promos?

Yes, thanks for the great suggestion! :) 

Thank you so much for adding Sorcery! Is this the best place for me to suggest edits to these sets?

This applies to Beta and Alpha. The current Avatars and Sorcery Nine sets should say Foil in the title. A non-foil version of Avatars and Sorcery Nine could be added. Unique Foil and Ordinary Foil sets were skipped or missed. I'm specifically going for Unique Foils right now so I really want that one. :)

Maybe rename and re-order to align with below. Honestly, the bold ones could be deleted or hidden entirely until someone requests it. I don't really see anyone caring about them right now. In a few years someone might, though. Sorry for being such a pain. Probably a bit of work for only a couple people collecting.

Master Set
Foil - Sorcery Nine
Foil - Avatars
Foil - Complete Set
Foil - Unique
Foil - Elite
Foil - Exceptional
Foil - Ordinary
Non-Foil - Sorcery Nine
Non-Foil - Avatars
Non-Foil - Complete Set
Non-Foil - Unique
Non-Foil - Elite
Non-Foil - Exceptional
Non-Foil - Ordinary

• Administrator
On 4/20/2024 at 1:00 PM, Kory Peterson said:

Thank you so much for adding Sorcery! Is this the best place for me to suggest edits to these sets?

This applies to Beta and Alpha. The current Avatars and Sorcery Nine sets should say Foil in the title. A non-foil version of Avatars and Sorcery Nine could be added. Unique Foil and Ordinary Foil sets were skipped or missed. I'm specifically going for Unique Foils right now so I really want that one. :)

Maybe rename and re-order to align with below. Honestly, the bold ones could be deleted or hidden entirely until someone requests it. I don't really see anyone caring about them right now. In a few years someone might, though. Sorry for being such a pain. Probably a bit of work for only a couple people collecting.

Master Set
Foil - Sorcery Nine
Foil - Avatars
Foil - Complete Set
Foil - Unique
Foil - Elite
Foil - Exceptional
Foil - Ordinary
Non-Foil - Sorcery Nine
Non-Foil - Avatars
Non-Foil - Complete Set
Non-Foil - Unique
Non-Foil - Elite
Non-Foil - Exceptional
Non-Foil - Ordinary

You're welcome!

Yes, you can continue to request sets here!

There is also another way to do it, which is to click into any Category and subcategory (it doesn’t matter if it matches the TCG you’re requesting), and then click on the link for “Request a new set type here” that’s located just under the card image. I’ve attached a screenshot as well for reference. Either way you prefer to do it is OK.

I’ve added the Unique Foils and Ordinary Foils to the list, they’ll get posted on the registry chat board thread titled New Releases once they’ve been added so keep an eye out there.

For the Main Set, Avatars, and Sorcery Nine sets, those can be completed with either a Foil or Non-Foil variant. If you click on the set and then click on “See eligible cards,” it will take you to the Eligible Cards page, where you can select a specific card, or if you scroll to the bottom of the list, you can choose “All Slots.”

In the screen shot below, I’ve chosen the Alpha Avatars set and selected the Avatar of Air card, you can see that both the Foil and Non-Foil variants are listed there. I hope that helps! 😊

image.png

image.png

• Administrator
On 4/23/2024 at 9:32 AM, Spiderguy's Cards said:

Hi Lyndsey. Can we get some Marvel Character sets going?  Much like player sets on the sports side. The Marvel Community loves to character collect!  Of course we should start with Thor ;)  Then Spider-man, and well you see where this is going!

Yes! New Marvel sets are coming and character sets are on the list! Thanks for the suggestions! :)