• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My comic doesn't have defects, it has character! Show us the worst condition comic in your collection
5 5

89 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2022 at 1:09 PM, KirbyTown said:

Having just taken these pics, should you consider an appointment for post-exposure prophylaxis? 😀

These pics were taken in 2015, in 2015 I graded/cataloged/photographed approx. 3000 books in mine and my Son's collection, everything is stored on my laptop and backed up on two separate flashdrives.

On 8/17/2022 at 1:25 AM, southern cross said:

A press and clean may help

Considering what CGC does these days just add acetate.  Boom instant Blue Label 10.0.

On 8/16/2022 at 9:04 AM, OtherEric said:

Possibly not my worst, but the first one that comes to mind where I'm balancing "I have a readable copy" and "I have a copy I could afford".

Adventure_247.thumb.jpg.3b9494f0a68b407b8ed84ce77dc129e1.jpg

Or maybe this one; it perhaps doesn't look too bad at first... until you realize the spine is split all the way through except the couple of innermost wraps:Venus_18.thumb.jpg.45c8976b8c3cc08d3594342a57290870.jpg

Two very nice books. Books that a lot of people could not afford otherwise. Covers are complete for the most part. Sounds like you could read carefully.

I have most of the PCH books but don’t have that Venus. I would have probably bought it my self at this point. 

On 8/17/2022 at 11:28 AM, Robot Man said:

Actually, not the worst condition book I own but one of the most precious. The last book I own from my childhood collection. One of those neighborhood trades. Some how got separated from the rest when my mom dumped them... 

comjimmyolsen57.jpg

On 8/17/2022 at 11:32 AM, Robot Man said:

And then there are these. Some books from a boxful of similar ones that an antique dealer friend gave me for free instead of chucking them. 

comamazingspiderman8.jpeg

comamazingspiderman9.jpeg

comamazingspiderman13.jpeg

comfantasticfour10.jpeg

comfantasticfour20.jpeg

comfantasticfour22.jpeg

comfantasticfour23.jpeg

On 8/17/2022 at 11:33 AM, Robot Man said:

And, then there is this. (not mine) one of the saddest books I have ever seen...

comdetective31.jpg

Thanks for sharing these, they're amazing. The 31 may be unfortunate, but that damage is incomparable!