• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collectors of Premium Comics
3 3

40 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2022 at 11:26 PM, revat said:

I know Nicholas Cage had a pretty serious collection, but I think he sold off some of it. 

I think I read Shaq had at least a few expensive comics, and he’s huge.

hope that helps

And he got some serious books stolen because he was “showing off” to the wrong people. 

On 8/31/2022 at 9:37 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

How did this post get approved as a 1st post @CGC Mike? This is almost as bad as those 1st post pms we used to get lol 

I reported this post before it had any comments, but I guess I'm the only one to find it an odd post ??? 

Why is it odd, I have a premium comic and I want to know where to sell it to get a premium price. Forgive me, if I am looking to get informed.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:15 PM, valiantman said:

Thank you, I read the article and learned a little. 

On 8/31/2022 at 10:00 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Is this a bad thing? I’m kind of in the dark on this topic. Are new members required to comment before they make a first post?

I really did not think that this forum was for experienced members only. I have a comic that I think is very valuable, but I don't know where to market/sell. I am a professional sales person, but not in the rare comics trading. Anytime that I need to sell soemthing the first thing that I do is talk to an expert. Apparently in this forum there are many experts that are too experty to contribute their expertise. 

On 9/14/2022 at 10:17 AM, coldoutside said:

Apparently in this forum there are many experts that are too experty to contribute their expertise. 

lol

diehard.gif.cc25efcf6b9024bb80d39ee07c88f39b.gif

Lots of knowledgeable people here of varying temperaments, but all-in-all a good community!

On 9/14/2022 at 11:17 AM, coldoutside said:

I really did not think that this forum was for experienced members only. I have a comic that I think is very valuable, but I don't know where to market/sell. I am a professional sales person, but not in the rare comics trading. Anytime that I need to sell soemthing the first thing that I do is talk to an expert. Apparently in this forum there are many experts that are too experty to contribute their expertise. 

Since you apparently don't really know what you have, how can we possibly help without you showing us what you actually have? "Premium comic" doesn't really mean anything (especially coming from someone like you), so we have nothing to work with here.

I'll check back in a couple of weeks for your answer. :whistle:

Edited by Lazyboy

On 9/14/2022 at 9:11 AM, coldoutside said:

Why is it odd, I have a premium comic and I want to know where to sell it to get a premium price. Forgive me, if I am looking to get informed.

Premium can mean different things to different people. Some people could consider a Venom: LP #1 CGC 9.8 that's selling for $300 a Premium comic. And others could consider a SA Avengers #1 2.0 that's selling for $4000 a Premium comic. And they wouldn't consider the other a Premium comic at all. This forum is very much a show,  don't tell place. Ultimately, if you're looking to sell to a dealer you're probably going to get anywhere between 50 to 70% FMV of an offer on your comic. Put it in an auction and your going to have to pay fees in the 20 to 30% range (Ebay is less). I don't know what comic it is you're looking to price out and sell but there are many good places to start like GoCollect, Covrprice, GPA Analysis, comicspriceguide etc. Best of Luck.

On 9/14/2022 at 1:40 PM, Krydel4 said:

Premium can mean different things to different people. Some people could consider a Venom: LP #1 CGC 9.8 that's selling for $300 a Premium comic. And others could consider a SA Avengers #1 2.0 that's selling for $4000 a Premium comic. And they wouldn't consider the other a Premium comic at all. This forum is very much a show,  don't tell place. Ultimately, if you're looking to sell to a dealer you're probably going to get anywhere between 50 to 70% FMV of an offer on your comic. Put it in an auction and your going to have to pay fees in the 20 to 30% range (Ebay is less). I don't know what comic it is you're looking to price out and sell but there are many good places to start like GoCollect, Covrprice, GPA Analysis, comicspriceguide etc. Best of Luck.

Just goes to show why the OP didn't get the kind of response he wanted... I consider a "Premium" book to be a special, limited edition like a retailer incentive, the Valiant golds, Kickstarter perk, etc. 

Without pics or an actual description of what the OP thinks is "premium" there's really no way to answer.  I wouldn't try to sell Action Comics #7 the same way I would try to sell a convention exclusive Harley Quinn variant, because those appeal to different audiences who frequent different venues.

On 9/15/2022 at 8:27 PM, Motor City Rob said:

Whoa...I didn't hear this story. Sounds interesting. Any links?

Well known in the GA circles. He had a number of GA framed books on the walls  of his house. After a party a number of them were gone including his Action #1. It turned up a number of years later in a storage locker. It ended being auctioned by CC for a record price. The others have never turned up.

It was discussed here on the boards. Also in the news media. The internet search function is your friend…

On 9/16/2022 at 9:02 AM, Robot Man said:

Well known in the GA circles. He had a number of GA framed books on the walls  of his house. After a party a number of them were gone including his Action #1. It turned up a number of years later in a storage locker. It ended being auctioned by CC for a record price. The others have never turned up.

It was discussed here on the boards. Also in the news media. The internet search function is your friend…

bonz-hero.gif

On 9/14/2022 at 9:11 AM, coldoutside said:

Why didn’t you open with that?

”where’s the best place to get maximum value for selling a rare and valuable comic?”

(the answer is “it depends”)

instead you came with “hi, I’m a new random internet stranger, out of curiosity, who are the rich guys with the ultra rare books?  I have a reason I’m asking, but obviously I’m not going to share that reason.”

generally I would say if you’re hoping for random strangers to help you for free, make it easy for them to help you.  Don’t force them to go back and forth with you like you’re doing them a favor.