• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
11 11

792 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2023 at 6:45 AM, AbsoluteCarnage said:

I would hate to say it but yeah probably. Even though everything used to be full sigs the lack of full sigs now........ eventually the full sigs will be going for more lol.

Its got a nickname.

T-bag is when Todd just writes T.McFarlane.

so he signed my spawn #1 and t-bagged my asm #300

Edited by ShaggyB

image.thumb.png.c37b5fec70a04905f5c6d175d44133cb.png

I'd had the #300 graded 5 years ago (the most expensive comic that I'd ever bought as a kid... $30 around 1992) and it came back a 9.2 at that time.  I'd never had it pressed though, not realizing at the time that that was a 'thing.'

So this time, I paid for the 'press and clean' service hoping that some very minor defects might get removed and the grade bumped up.  There was the note of a 'smudge' on the prior grader notes (and in this new set of notes too) that spooked me though (that black back cover and fingers was trouble), especially given talk in the past year of modern stuff getting graded harder... I figured 'What the heck, you only live once' and it worked out!

The Hulk 345 was a 'raw' copy that I had around and I had hoped for a higher grade.. no grader notes, unfortunately. No shame in a 9.2 though. Love the cover on that one.

One oddity on that Hulk issue... I was looking at recent eBay sales (around 5 copies) and every single one of them had the full 'Todd McFarlane' signature on them.  It made me wonder if he made a point of signing the 'long name' on that issue for some reason or if it was just an odd timing coincidence with the sales.  I'll see what I end up with.

60 days?!!!! What the heck?!!! Man, hopefully that goes quick. 

On 3/1/2023 at 5:34 PM, ak47po said:

My six books have been in GEI for 60 business days. They where signed by Todd on 12/7/22.

Edited by Ninja0215

On 3/1/2023 at 9:48 AM, ShaggyB said:

Lets us know what grade you got. My raw got a 9.2

👍 

I always wanted an ASM 300 as a kid.  In 2001, with my first paycheck from working at local movie theater , I purchased it off of EBay for $50.  
Never would’ve imagined I would be getting it signed by the Toddfather.

Hoping for atleast a 9.0 🤞

On 3/1/2023 at 10:19 PM, Miketimus_Prime said:

👍

I always wanted an ASM 300 as a kid.  In 2001, with my first paycheck from working at local movie theater , I purchased it off of EBay for $50.  

a merry ambition for sure :) Peace, hope and love. It ain't easy waiting, patience. :raygun: too many irons in the fire myself.

On 3/1/2023 at 11:19 PM, Miketimus_Prime said:

👍

Yeah my 9.2 was my personel copy from being a kid. Was thrilled to get it at 9.2 grade and signed.

I also have a 9.2 newstand i bought a few years back. Wonder if i sent it in to get signed and pressed if id get a 9.4 out of it.

On 3/2/2023 at 7:40 AM, ShaggyB said:

Yeah my 9.2 was my personel copy from being a kid. Was thrilled to get it at 9.2 grade and signed.

I also have a 9.2 newstand i bought a few years back. Wonder if i sent it in to get signed and pressed if id get a 9.4 out of it.

Definitely worth a shot. I had 6 already graded books signed during this signing and all maintained their grade after CCS pressing, but they were already in the 9.6 to 9.8 range. Even a small bump from 9.2 to 9.4 is worth the investment.

On 3/1/2023 at 5:34 PM, ak47po said:

My six books have been in GEI for 60 business days. They where signed by Todd on 12/7/22.

I've got 6 books too and they just went to GEI today (3/3/23). 60 days is outrageous, especially considering how long we've already waited ......:tonofbricks:

On 3/3/2023 at 4:27 PM, Nilo2 said:

I've got 6 books too and they just went to GEI today (3/3/23). 60 days is outrageous, especially considering how long we've already waited ......:tonofbricks:

CGC response: Posted February 16

Hello! This submission does look a bit behind so I emailed out verification team to see if I can nudge it along for you. You should see this move forward shortly. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. 

Posted February 24

Thank you for being so patient. Our management team is currently working on locating your submission. Rest assured, this order will be located shortly and finished through encapsulation. We will send you an email once this has been located. 

Replied: yesterday at 09:32 AM

Hello, This is already being handled by our team via email. For any future correspondence regarding this please email us instead of making a new post on the Chat Boards. Have a great day!

giphy.gif

Edited by ak47po

On 3/4/2023 at 6:09 PM, MGsimba77 said:

@CGC Mikeany chance the Mcfarlane scroll label will be made available for non private signing books? I mean primarily for reholders of previously signed Mcfarlane signature series books. 

That was part of the uniqueness... I can understand, as value is a slow burn with rise anyway. Real growth is hard to come by, but it's personal to all of us the silent things we hope and pray will cause the growth.

• Administrator
On 3/4/2023 at 7:09 PM, MGsimba77 said:

@CGC Mikeany chance the Mcfarlane scroll label will be made available for non private signing books? I mean primarily for reholders of previously signed Mcfarlane signature series books. 

I will ask.

On 3/1/2023 at 4:25 PM, chrisd1 said:

image.thumb.png.c37b5fec70a04905f5c6d175d44133cb.png

I'd had the #300 graded 5 years ago (the most expensive comic that I'd ever bought as a kid... $30 around 1992) and it came back a 9.2 at that time.  I'd never had it pressed though, not realizing at the time that that was a 'thing.'

So this time, I paid for the 'press and clean' service hoping that some very minor defects might get removed and the grade bumped up.  There was the note of a 'smudge' on the prior grader notes (and in this new set of notes too) that spooked me though (that black back cover and fingers was trouble), especially given talk in the past year of modern stuff getting graded harder... I figured 'What the heck, you only live once' and it worked out!

The Hulk 345 was a 'raw' copy that I had around and I had hoped for a higher grade.. no grader notes, unfortunately. No shame in a 9.2 though. Love the cover on that one.

One oddity on that Hulk issue... I was looking at recent eBay sales (around 5 copies) and every single one of them had the full 'Todd McFarlane' signature on them.  It made me wonder if he made a point of signing the 'long name' on that issue for some reason or if it was just an odd timing coincidence with the sales.  I'll see what I end up with.

UPDATE:  My Hulk 345 was indeed signed 'Todd McFarlane' like the examples I'd seen on eBay... maybe turning into more than a coincidence.

My ASM #300 was a 'T. McFarlane'

• Administrator
On 3/4/2023 at 7:09 PM, MGsimba77 said:

They were just for books signed during this specific signing.  At this time, we are not sure if it will be brought back at some time in the future.