• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
11 11

792 posts in this topic

My books finally got grades and are shipping. Very happy with the results. I was expecting the Malibu Sun to be under a 9.0 so I'm very happy about the 9.6 grade. Hulk 340 is a resubmission so I was worried it was gonna lose the 9.6 grade but I'm happy to see it maintained the grade. Excited to get these back from CGC. 

1195458357_Screenshot_20230306-1126082.thumb.png.b717f34f1dd684be189d22be3f6c96e5.png

Edited by DarkPhantom13

On 3/6/2023 at 1:41 PM, DarkPhantom13 said:

My books finally got grades and are shipping. Very happy with the results. I was expecting the Malibu Sun to be under a 9.0 so I'm very happy about the 9.6 grade. Hulk 340 is a resubmission so I was worried it was gonna lose the 9.6 grade but I'm happy to see it maintained the grade. Excited to get these back from CGC. 

1195458357_Screenshot_20230306-1126082.thumb.png.b717f34f1dd684be189d22be3f6c96e5.png

Very nice indeed :x Congrats!

On 3/6/2023 at 2:41 PM, DarkPhantom13 said:

Todd signed yours two months AFTER mine were signed on 12/7/22 and they still haven't shipped! @CGC Mike

Edited by ak47po

• Administrator
On 3/6/2023 at 6:53 PM, ak47po said:

Todd signed yours two months AFTER mine were signed on 12/7/22 and they still haven't shipped! @CGC Mike

I am sorry to hear that you have not received your books yet.  Were they pressed after the signing?  The best I can do is ask customer service the status.  If you would like me to do so, please PM me your submission number(s) or give it/them to me in this thread.

On 3/6/2023 at 8:25 PM, CGC Mike said:

I am sorry to hear that you have not received your books yet.  Were they pressed after the signing?  The best I can do is ask customer service the status.  If you would like me to do so, please PM me your submission number(s) or give it/them to me in this thread.

No i didn't have them pressed. PM on the way.

5 Book Sub with pressing

10/20: Received at CGC

12/8: Received at CCS

SFG: (shrug)

Seeing all the comments of peoples subs who sent theirs in well after mine get signed and shipped back to them is the worst. 

Annndddd I bet all five books got T-bagged and I didnt get a card

Edited by Eddiebrock147

On 3/5/2023 at 2:41 PM, chrisd1 said:

UPDATE:  My Hulk 345 was indeed signed 'Todd McFarlane' like the examples I'd seen on eBay... maybe turning into more than a coincidence.

My ASM #300 was a 'T. McFarlane'

He likes to sign asm 300 as T.Mcfarlane... its usually due to placement though. If he writes on spideys lower body / legs, T.Mc fits better.

On 3/7/2023 at 9:39 AM, Eddiebrock147 said:

5 Book Sub with pressing

10/20: Received at CGC

12/8: Received at CCS

SFG: (shrug)

Seeing all the comments of peoples subs who sent theirs in well after mine get signed and shipped back to them is the worst. 

Annndddd I bet all five books got T-bagged and I didnt get a card

Did you make any requests he might honor?

On 3/7/2023 at 10:46 AM, ShaggyB said:

Did you make any requests he might honor?

Yea asked for full name sigs and specific colors. Had another sub for this signing (received at CGC the same day as my 5 book one) That he honored my color request and T-bagged instead of the full sig so (shrug)

On 3/7/2023 at 11:11 AM, Eddiebrock147 said:

Yea asked for full name sigs and specific colors. Had another sub for this signing (received at CGC the same day as my 5 book one) That he honored my color request and T-bagged instead of the full sig so (shrug)

Yep, they never garuntee he will do what you ask... but thats your best chance

On 3/7/2023 at 3:34 PM, Joshua912003 said:

Did anyone get a card?

It must be the land that time forgot! I'm not sure I can fathom it now, as I know it was done. Just where could it be could it be. Maybe someday. @Joshua912003

I guess the point of this exercise is they're still rare? I'm not sure if the point being that it was meant to jumpstart cgc cards? Idk, so many questions worth asking.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Got my books back in first signing super quick. Received 10/25 got them back 12/11. But i sent in cards before the books 10/6...and they have been SFG since 10/6. Anyone actually get signed cards back yet? I click submission and says an unexpected error has occurred. Makes more worried they're stuck in limbo or something. Called twice and they say same Todd just finished signing should move along soon. 

On 3/7/2023 at 5:00 PM, ak47po said:

Lol was it just me or were they not posted a lot anywhere? Social/ boards nada, and yet eBay makes sense. Any sold? And did you receive or obtain one? How like cgc not to give out a C.O.A. to there credit I suppose, and yet "do not encapsulate?" What's that about I wonder. Supply and demand with cases and service to wer a whistle I suppose 😊

Looks like my 4-5 just got moved to grading/GEI.

On 3/7/2023 at 5:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol was it just me or were they not posted a lot anywhere? Social/ boards nada, and yet eBay makes sense. Any sold? And did you receive or obtain one? How like cgc not to give out a C.O.A. to there credit I suppose, and yet "do not encapsulate?" What's that about I wonder. Supply and demand with cases and service to wer a whistle I suppose 😊

Could always get it authenticated... 

Edited by Le Chat Noir