• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
11 11

792 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2023 at 6:04 PM, xNikeSbx said:

Got my books back in first signing super quick. Received 10/25 got them back 12/11. But i sent in cards before the books 10/6...and they have been SFG since 10/6. Anyone actually get signed cards back yet? I click submission and says an unexpected error has occurred. Makes more worried they're stuck in limbo or something. Called twice and they say same Todd just finished signing should move along soon. 

I have some cards SFG as well, and was told the same thing. I have seen some McFarlane cards that were signed in an earlier batch, and a few are currently listed on eBay

While the submission shows up on the cgc comics page, try entering the submission number on the cgc trading cards page to see your actual list of submitted cards. 

On 3/7/2023 at 5:08 PM, Nilo2 said:

My 6 books have been in GEI since last week but I gather from other users on this board that GEI could take weeks to clear….Really hoping that isn’t the case.

Mine is a week today and it's one book so I'm hoping the same. 

Mine moved to shipped today!  I had sent 2 books that had been previously graded.  I cracked and pressed one myself and had CCS/CGC crack and press one.  The book I cracked went from a 9.0 to a 9.4.  The book they cracked went from 9.4 to a 9.2. :(  I wonder if the labels were switched.

Edited by Jemin

On 3/9/2023 at 7:47 AM, ak47po said:

Received:10/10/22

Signed: 12/7/22

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 73 Business days and counting, CGC still doesn;t have a answer about where my submission is.

The Todd signing went from excitement & anticipation to stressful to disappointing.  :tonofbricks:

I hope (and should) CGC expedites and makes it right for you.

On 3/9/2023 at 10:47 AM, ak47po said:

Received:10/10/22

Signed: 12/7/22

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 73 Business days and counting, CGC still doesn;t have a answer about where my submission is.

The Todd signing went from excitement & anticipation to stressful to disappointing.  :tonofbricks:

Now you did it. They told you to keep mum about this 'situation'.

On Thursday or friday it went from CCS to scheduled for grading. Today it is shipped :)

Going to be waiting by the door for Fedex :) I can't believe I got a 9.8 Spiderman 1 Platinum.... bummed I picked Jazz Hands spidey and not the mcfarlane label but whatever. A grade that high not sure I can justify keeping it when an actual key can be acquired for it. $300 cash for that book seems like a grand larceny steal now. 

IMG_3156.jpeg

On 3/9/2023 at 2:15 PM, Devilla06 said:

On Thursday or friday it went from CCS to scheduled for grading. Today it is shipped :)

Going to be waiting by the door for Fedex :) I can't believe I got a 9.8 Spiderman 1 Platinum.... bummed I picked Jazz Hands spidey and not the mcfarlane label but whatever. A grade that high not sure I can justify keeping it when an actual key can be acquired for it. $300 cash for that book seems like a grand larceny steal now. 

IMG_3156.jpeg

Nice!!

Yeah that 9.8 will fetch you a good price. Dont see a lot of those signed... question is now Todd McFarlane or T.Mcfarlane on the signature.

On 3/9/2023 at 5:25 PM, Gaard said:

I'm not a sig guy. What difference does this make?

Full name signature from Todd is much more rare than the T.McFarlane signature

Screenshot_20230309_213145_Gallery.thumb.jpg.55b375634289c00f083d9b826e7f3eb0.jpgScreenshot_20230309_213423_eBay.thumb.jpg.1748674ae0343a403c671c3e1fb25fc5.jpg

A simple ebay search will show you tons of t.mcfarlane signatures on books... but the full name sig is much harder to get on some of those books.

Drives up the value. The spawn #1s above are both todd signatures but one is worth a lot more than the other.

Edited by ShaggyB

On 3/9/2023 at 8:28 PM, ShaggyB said:

Full name signature from Todd is much more rare than the T.McFarlane signature

I saw a graded sketch cover that someone drew of Todd and he signed it full first middle and Last name. Never seen that before.

On 3/9/2023 at 1:15 PM, Devilla06 said:

IMG_3156.jpeg

Gratz. I still have my platinum when from when it came out. Mine is probably vf/nm. 

Got my batch of books back from the signing. By the numbers:

SIX books submitted

ONE 9.4 (the only book I thought was a for-sure 9.8, also the only one I really wanted a 9.8 -- my childhood ASM 328)

FIVE 9.8s

THREE "T. McFarlane"

THREE "Todd McFarlane"...

TWO of those being "Tord"

Really have to hand it to CCS this time around. The three books I was worried about were very clearly improved.

Glad these puppies are finally in my hands!

Edited by smarkjobber

On 3/12/2023 at 1:11 PM, Ninja0215 said:

T bagged ! Lol but I'm happy with this one. Another favorite artist to add to my sig collection.  Roos and Miller are next! 👍

20230312_140906.jpg

A long wait my friend! Glad you're satisfied, main thing. Stay healthy and let the comics heal your soul lol:headbang: