• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
11 11

792 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2023 at 3:28 AM, Bigdavebooth said:

My book is still sitting at "Received at CCS" and I was charged by Classic Collectibles on 12/07 and then on 12/08 I was charged by Certified Guarantee. I don't think that's normal to pay that early and still not receive anything by now or am I wrong? I have always been charged by CGC the day before it was shipped, But since it is a signing I could be wrong.

exact same thing happened to me and the same day. Said Received at CCS 12/7/22 but they confirmed they had it since 11/3/22 when I called just didn't log it in.

I was instantly charged the to press the books. Then a separate charge for the signing. It's been 2 months now. So feels odd. I can't wait to get out of CCS jail :)

I am excited for my Spiderman 1 Platinum to get back tho

On 2/8/2023 at 7:05 AM, Ladic said:

How long does it stay in the Grading/Quality control phase?

It is based on man power, as they can get to it, I understand your asking for reference, and yet, I hope it is soon would be very tiring to sign so much! McFarlane has his work cut out for him :ohnoez: 

Hopefully it's understood, that I'm just as excited for y'alls to wrap up the same as I was mine. But ya, this was so beneficial? I wonder if it would "happen again anytime soon!" I'm glad for those who took it upon, or were able, this go around :cheers: 

On 2/6/2023 at 12:38 PM, kypackman said:

I don't have all of my books back, but of the 20 I have received only 4 came back with the full name signature

Just curious - would like to know from anyone willing to respond:

1.  How many books did you send in for TM to sign?

2.  How many came back with full name "Todd McFarlane" signature vs how many came back with "T. McFarlane" ?

submitted 1 book

requested full name on window box ... came back with T. McFarlane .... in all honesty I was not disappointed in this and after seeing the full sig and abbreviated I've come to like the way the abbreviated sig looks better despite the full sig being more of a rarity

On 2/8/2023 at 7:05 AM, Ladic said:

How long does it stay in the Grading/Quality control phase?

mine took exactly 1 business day to move from GQC to shipped though I don't know that a whole lot of time was ever spent on any part of the GQC as my disappointment can be found here ....

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 2/6/2023 at 12:38 PM, kypackman said:

I don't have all of my books back, but of the 20 I have received only 4 came back with the full name signature

Just curious - would like to know from anyone willing to respond:

1.  How many books did you send in for TM to sign?

2.  How many came back with full name "Todd McFarlane" signature vs how many came back with "T. McFarlane" ?

i swnt in 14 books over 2 submissions.  The first submission was 3 graded books that were part of the December session.

IH 340 , ASM 300, and Spawn Batman.  All were T McFarlane.  

2nd  submission all raw.  11 books

Spawn 1, Spawn 9, Spawn 311 (boseman sketch variant) , Batman 423, Asm 311, 315, 316, 317,  spiderman 1 (silver, gold,and green ).  Only Spawn 311, asm 315, Batman 423 and spiderman 1 silver all were Todd McFarlane, the rest T. McFarlane.   I didn't make any special requests outside of placement and ink colors.  To be fair, he ignored those requests for Spawn 311 and the end result was much better than what I had asked for.  So 4 out of 14.  The one that puzzled me was ASM 315.  That cover is so busy, that would have been the last I would have expected a full signature on.

On 2/10/2023 at 7:15 AM, Ninja0215 said:

Does anyone know when he's coming back?? 

Just got off the phone with CGC Customer Service. TM is going to be back in Sarasota this Thursday (2/16) to finish signing the remaining batch of books. Mine are in there somewhere..... :whistle:

On 2/9/2023 at 9:41 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

submitted 1 book

requested full name on window box ... came back with T. McFarlane .... in all honesty I was not disappointed in this and after seeing the full sig and abbreviated I've come to like the way the abbreviated sig looks better despite the full sig being more of a rarity

mine took exactly 1 business day to move from GQC to shipped though I don't know that a whole lot of time was ever spent on any part of the GQC as my disappointment can be found here ....

Same here on quality control. My books shipped seperately and both were 1 day on QC step

As to the full name (Todd Father sig) vs the short sig (being T.Bagged by Todd).... the real difference is rarity and value of it.

The newest spawn #1 grail for most is a cgc ss 9.8 custom spawn label full name sig on the glowing claw and its a newstand edition.

Now if you have that in 9.9 or 10... its obviously more of a grail than 9.8.

Full name sig tend to cost more than the same exact thing with T.McFarlane, at least at 9.8 grade. But thats only due to 20% to 30% of what he does is full name sig. Vast majority get the T.Bag signature