• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarlane Private Signing?
12 12

792 posts in this topic

I think that books submitted for CCS sit there in a certain queue for a bit rather than anything else and get signed from that point and moved back to ccs and then grading but I could be wrong. I had some books that originally got registered in CCS and it took a long while before anything moved on them. Mine went straight to CCS on getting registered but a couple months from there on in on the Mcfarlane ones.

Amazing Spider-Man 305 9/88 Marvel Comics
Signature

9.6 WHITE
SIGNED BY TODD MCFARLANE ON 1/17/23
Amazing Spider-Man 310 12/88 Marvel Comics Newsstand Edition
Signature
9.0 WHITE
Amazing Spider-Man 320 9/89 Marvel Comics
Signature

9.8 WHITE
Amazing Spider-Man 321 10/89 Marvel Comics
Signature

9.8 WHITE
Amazing Spider-Man 322 10/89 Marvel Comics
Signature

9.8 WHITE
Amazing Spider-Man 322 10/89 Marvel Comics
Signature

9.8 WHITE
Amazing Spider-Man 324 11/89 Marvel Comics
Signature

9.8 WHITE
Signature

9.8 WHITE
Signature

9.8 WHITE
Signature

9.6 WHITE
Signature

9.4 WHITE
Signature
9.2 WHITE
Signature

9.6 WHITE
Signature

9.6 WHITE
Signature

9.6 WHITE
Signature

9.6 WHITE

On the bright side other than a couple hiccups with creasing those were 16 Raw books so pretty good submission. I hand picked 10 copies out of my 50 ASM 324s along with a few others.

Can someone explain the billing for the event?  My books have been sitting in the "received at CCS" status since they were originally scanned in.  I just looked and now they are in the "Grading/Quality Control" status.  Should my card have already been charged for CCS pressing as a separate charge or will it be charged a the end of grading for CCS or......?  

I thought I remember reading that CCS charges appear separately from CGC charges but can't remember or find where I read that, lol.  

I got charged when my books went into the system on both mcfarlane lots and for pressing when they entered the system. 2 lots that were not SS were only charged after grading and "Sent" status. If this is consistent you probably should have been charged but this is my first SS event I'm personally submitting to.

On 2/4/2023 at 9:13 AM, SpiderParker said:

Can someone explain the billing for the event?  My books have been sitting in the "received at CCS" status since they were originally scanned in.  I just looked and now they are in the "Grading/Quality Control" status.  Should my card have already been charged for CCS pressing as a separate charge or will it be charged a the end of grading for CCS or......?  

I thought I remember reading that CCS charges appear separately from CGC charges but can't remember or find where I read that, lol.  

You should be billed twice, one by CCS and one by CGC once books are received and entered.  You should have received a couple of emails with PDFs from CCS (subject. - CCS Submission Acknowledgement and CCS Payment Acknowledgement) and then one from CGC (subject - CGC Submission Acknowledgement) once book move from CCS to CGC.  Once slabs are complete and shipped you will receive a final email, subject. - CGC Shipping Summary.  

If you have credit (ie having Premium Membership), your billed items will be less as credit can apply to both CCS and CGC.

HTH

Ok, thanks for the responses.  I may just have to call them on Monday.  I got a "CGC Submission Acknowledgement" and "CCS Submission Acknowledgement" the exact same day when my submission was scanned in.  I am not sure if i ever got a payment one but my card was charged for "CGC".  Then I got another "CGC Submission Acknowledgement" recently which is why looked at my status to see that it changed.  I did have a $150 credit from the premium subscription but that plus the amount i was charged is short by the exact amount i should have been charged for CCS.  Which is $80 for 4 books.   

On 2/4/2023 at 5:57 PM, SpiderParker said:

Ok, thanks for the responses.  I may just have to call them on Monday.  I got a "CGC Submission Acknowledgement" and "CCS Submission Acknowledgement" the exact same day when my submission was scanned in.  I am not sure if i ever got a payment one but my card was charged for "CGC".  Then I got another "CGC Submission Acknowledgement" recently which is why looked at my status to see that it changed.  I did have a $150 credit from the premium subscription but that plus the amount i was charged is short by the exact amount i should have been charged for CCS.  Which is $80 for 4 books.   

I almost always get charged by CCS before CGC. It usually pops up right away. I’ve had the CGC charge be as soon as they check them in and have had it at times be when they complete. But it’s honestly hit or miss if I get the email about the charges. I usually just see them on my credit card statement or charges though. 

My book is still sitting at "Received at CCS" and I was charged by Classic Collectibles on 12/07 and then on 12/08 I was charged by Certified Guarantee. I don't think that's normal to pay that early and still not receive anything by now or am I wrong? I have always been charged by CGC the day before it was shipped, But since it is a signing I could be wrong.

I don't have all of my books back, but of the 20 I have received only 4 came back with the full name signature

Just curious - would like to know from anyone willing to respond:

1.  How many books did you send in for TM to sign?

2.  How many came back with full name "Todd McFarlane" signature vs how many came back with "T. McFarlane" ?

On 2/6/2023 at 1:38 PM, kypackman said:

I don't have all of my books back, but of the 20 I have received only 4 came back with the full name signature

2.  How many came back with full name "Todd McFarlane" signature vs how many came back with "T. McFarlane" ?

I sent in 28 and only 3 had the full name. Unfortunately neither of the Batman 423 9.8 did. Love the grades tho and sig nonetheless 

FFE929C7-EB80-4002-9820-150F4CFADC9E.jpeg

I submitted a total of 5 books and 2 came back with full signatures. 

6, 1 came back full sig.