• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Tier Grading is a joke...CGC just lost all of my future business.
3 3

172 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2022 at 3:34 PM, Courageous Cat said:

this thread is utterly useless 

Well, you’ll NEVER get the pictures with that attitude!  :taptaptap: 

On 9/15/2022 at 2:55 AM, Domo Arigato said:

Long story short.....it's a bit of a forum inside joke in here based on an actual occurrence.

You're too new in here to know the backstory, but the artist commission @THE_BEYONDER posted of Dr. Strange after my post is a part of it.

Back in 2007, a board member in here paid a comic book artist (Michael Golden) to do a commission piece for him.  He paid over $500 for it up front, with a promised delivery date of a month and a half.  It, of course, didn't arrive.  He was then promised another 4 delivery dates, which Golden failed to meet each time.  The board member found out there were several more of this artist's customers in the same boat, so they got together and confronted Golden as a group.

Finally, Golden reluctantly sent the already paid for commission piece to the board member.......and when it arrived, it was just a very simplified silhouette of Dr. Strange (blowing a raspberry to the customer, no less) that was not worth the over $500 he paid for it.

Plus...in a big f**k you to his customer...Golden decided to put the message of "Patience is a virtue, Mr. Turnbull" into the commissioned piece.  Just one more snotty gesture for someone actually daring to want a commission piece they had already paid him for in the timely manner it was promised. 

And, to top it all off....the vindictive skinsack forgot to include the letter "T" in the word "VIRTUE"..........hence, "Patience is a Virue" is now ingrained into the forums history.

I did find the original archived thread about it from 2007 which is located here if anyone is interested in reading up on it.  And here's another look at the over $500 commission he sent to the board member.

Virue.jpeg.e910219bfec681b99509c80741734237.jpeg

He didn’t even sign it :facepalm:

On 9/16/2022 at 11:09 AM, CAMPER49 said:

It's obvious by now that one of the other grading companies paid the OP to start this thread.

On 9/18/2022 at 3:51 PM, Point Five said:

Give the OP a break, he's been working for 11 days straight! Not like you lazy slackers who get the weekends off.  :baiting: 

You kidding me, I'm still trying to process this

On 9/18/2022 at 5:51 PM, Point Five said:

Give the OP a break, he's been working for 11 days straight! Not like you lazy slackers who get the weekends off.  :baiting: 

Lol wait there’s a option not to work on weekends damnit! Lol thought we are suppose to post on boards during bed time lol 

On 9/8/2022 at 1:38 PM, NumminzAK said:

The first post was when I saw the grades online, this post is with updated status of having them in my hands to actually see for myself. And instead of the books being damaged by CGC...it's now clear they really just tossed grades at books that are not remotely 9.0. But hey, thanks for the trolling. I'm by far not the only one experiencing this...there are many, many youtube video's of long time CGC submitters experiencing the same results and posting them. I will definitely get some scans up soon. As I said...even within this single bunch...there are books that are 9.0 that are cleaner than some that got 9.6.

nmm.jpg

It's ok, subby. That first submission is a little like the first time having sex. You think it's going to be this really awesome experience full of excitement, but after it's all said and done, you're not quite sure you did it right and may possibly be confused with the end result. But don't get discouraged, the more you do it, the better you get. At grading, that is.

On 9/20/2022 at 5:27 PM, Dr. Balls said:

It's ok, subby. That first submission is a little like the first time having sex. You think it's going to be this really awesome experience full of excitement, but after it's all said and done, you're not quite sure you did it right and may possibly be confused with the end result. But don't get discouraged, the more you do it, the better you get. At grading, that is.

Boardies have sex?? :whatthe: