• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 'This Community Is Temporarily Unavailable' Has Been Shocking Lately
3 3

181 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 12/13/2022 at 2:26 PM, workingdog said:

As of this writing, full functionality of the Control Panel has been fully restored (at least for me).  I am no longer receiving any kind of error codes (thumbsu

I was told this earlier today.  Not sure if it happened, as I have not received confirmation.

A fix for this error code should be going live today.

@CGC Mike Quick update from the UK jury, Mike.

I logged in early this morning and everything was so slow to load that I gave up.

I tried again around midday - same story, slow loading and 504 errors.

I tried again this evening and had very slow loading then a series of 504s and 503s and a 20m outage (see final image below) slap bang in the middle of an attempted PM dialogue with @Yorick. Thankfully, the PM I was halfway through was restored when the system came back online.

Others weren't so lucky - here's an extract from an external communication with a friend who was battling with the site yesterday:

"The post it deleted was pretty much all the stuff I posted last night, so you can imagine how pissed off I was to lose all that. It took me this long to find the time (and the will to live) to gird up my loins to do it all again."

Mike, it looks like the problems aren't anything to do with attempts to load updates as you said the IT team had shelved them until next year and yet today has been awful. So it looks like this might be the norm until they do those updates, or find an alternative solution to whatever the problem is. Either way, the site was pretty much unusable for me again today and it has been that way for most of the last 2-3 weeks.

Hope this helps and I hope the tech team find a cure soon :wishluck:

683027916_Desktop14_12.22Buffering.PNG.9af5d782f0f981760e595041a1fccd47.PNG

898053536_Desktop14_12.22504.thumb.PNG.d2700e877e416c87967b7ed1b7fb4427.PNG

Desktop:

1067606061_Desktop14_12_22.thumb.PNG.a4725a22b83de3cb0a87e7ff0493d7b3.PNG

Mobile:

2058915205_Mobile14_12_22.thumb.jpg.ae88aaffaa4058b0a918f2f83029abbd.jpg

No posts for 22 minutes just now, indicating that the site was likely down for all users:

21mins.thumb.PNG.4457725f6ce350f2a70ca0f4e093a9fa.PNG

On 12/14/2022 at 12:33 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

@CGC Mike Quick update from the UK jury, Mike.

I logged in early this morning and everything was so slow to load that I gave up.

I tried again around midday - same story, slow loading and 504 errors.

I tried again this evening and had very slow loading then a series of 504s and 503s and a 20m outage (see final image below) slap bang in the middle of an attempted PM dialogue with @Yorick. Thankfully, the PM I was halfway through was restored when the system came back online.

Others weren't so lucky - here's an extract from an external communication with a friend who was battling with the site yesterday:

"The post it deleted was pretty much all the stuff I posted last night, so you can imagine how pissed off I was to lose all that. It took me this long to find the time (and the will to live) to gird up my loins to do it all again."

Mike, it looks like the problems aren't anything to do with attempts to load updates as you said the IT team had shelved them until next year and yet today has been awful. So it looks like this might be the norm until they do those updates, or find an alternative solution to whatever the problem is. Either way, the site was pretty much unusable for me again today and it has been that way for most of the last 2-3 weeks.

Hope this helps and I hope the tech team find a cure soon :wishluck:...

No posts for 22 minutes just now...

After I take a break during my 10-day vacation in a week or so, I might not be back during every weekday. What's the point? This place has been dying for the past month+. There's not much unique conversation going on.

On 12/14/2022 at 9:33 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

in the middle of an attempted PM dialogue with @Yorick.

Yeah, sorry about that.  I got dropped.  Some 500+ error.  It was really slow anyway.

I was thinking though (a rare occurrence), that you might write everything out in a Word file, copy it, and then give it the ole paste into the Threads.  Then you'd never have to worry about losing the walls of text!  Just repaste until it's through. :insane:

• Administrator
On 12/14/2022 at 12:44 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

After I take a break during my 10-day vacation in a week or so, I might not be back during every weekday. What's the point? This place has been dying for the past month+. There's not much unique conversation going on.

It usually gets slow during December/January

image.png

image.png

On 12/14/2022 at 8:59 PM, CGC Mike said:

image.png

image.png

Lol you don't have to say, but I'd be curious if there is that chart for individual boardies lol

I've often thought that maybe I posted too much, so last while, I've taken the time to boost my registry with only reading here. Still would be cool to know how it all works in a reflective standpoint :)

We have the leader board, but sometimes it's looked as trying too hard or in a bad light if people mention it in a positive way. Thats fine, I can't help to post, as I'm still passionate about the hobby! Posting here helps that, I hope it does for others, and that they see that too.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:16 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol you don't have to say, but I'd be curious if there is that chart for individual boardies lol

I've often thought that maybe I posted too much, so last while, I've taken the time to boost my registry with only reading here. Still would be cool to know how it all works in a reflective standpoint :)

We have the leader board, but sometimes it's looked as trying too hard or in a bad light if people mention it in a positive way. Thats fine, I can't help to post, as I'm still passionate about the hobby! Posting here helps that, I hope it does for others, and that they see that too.

I have become obsessed with posting or is that posting to be obsessed. Either way, it is troubling or maybe not. (:

On 12/14/2022 at 9:59 PM, CGC Mike said:

image.png

image.png

While less drastic looks pretty much like a bubble burst sales graphic.

I for one I don't miss the "shallow and pedantic" flipper and speculator hype posting here

I was going to post yesterday about how I normally don't have any issues and then this morning.... :facepalm: