• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1000 books in 2023
2 2

323 posts in this topic

On 1/8/2023 at 1:50 AM, JWKyle said:

Just finished Tomb of Dracula the 1972 Marvel run 1-70. Pretty good and I think it made me appeciate Gene Colan more.
Probably should get the Giant Size Draculas and the Dracula Lives Magazines in at some point.

Going to read the Star Wars 1977 marvel run next

Total ----70

01.jpg

01.jpg

A total of 70 books read - you are off to the races! This is a series I'd love to read from start to finish.

I read a whopping FOUR comics this week. So, already not a great pace, but better than nothing.

A new Love and Rockets is always a cause for celebration. I have to say I'm still not 100% locking in with Gilbert's most recent Fritz stories, but I still enjoy them. Jaime's Animus story is nicely drawn, but I'm also not 100% there. But again, not bad, certainly.

The winner is Jaime's return to the world of Locas, this time visting Frogmouth's wedding. It's alternately hilarious and touching. Tonta is a fun relatively new character, but the brief interaction between Hopey and Ray is the thing that hits my heart and reminds me that I have pretty much literally grown up with these characters. Really hit home for me.

Vampiress Carmilla- still not the real thing, but if you want a cheap Warren-lite fix, this will do the trick.

Up to 19 for 2023!

IMG_1696.JPG

On 1/9/2023 at 5:25 PM, letsgrumble said:

A total of 70 books read - you are off to the races! This is a series I'd love to read from start to finish.

I'm trying to keep a 10 book a day pace. It's not been too tough although my TV veiwing is cut way down I ususally read a little with my doowntime at work or in-between calls and after I'm settled in after work and my wife and I are done for the night. 

Tomb is a decent read never felt like Blade was "movie Blade" at really any point. The series is a good read though and Marv Wolfman keep the pace pretty tight and Like I said before Gene Colan really did a outstanding job. 

On 1/12/2023 at 6:27 PM, paperheart said:

#50-67

Five Ghosts #1-17 + Special

How was this series, any good?

Fell short by a handful last year, looking to make up for it in a big way this year. The start so far:

Avengers 201-204
Fantastic Four 226
Spectacular Spider-Man 49-52
Amazing Spider-Man 211-215
Marvel Team Up 101-102

Continuing with my reading from the beginning of each series, have gotten to early 1981, I believe.

Y: The Last Man 24-31

Not much more to say than before, still enjoying this, but still my least favorite Brian K. Vaughan series that I've read.

Invincible 5-8

Starting to get more into this one, particularly with the shocking plot twist in issue 7!

Monstress 1-6

Daughter gave me this for Christmas 2021, finally gotten around to reading. A very beautifully drawn book - when it's not creepy, that is - and an interesting story. I get confused at times with what is going on - and some of the characters look too similar so I lose track of who is who - but I think I'll keep reading.

Unprepped 1-5

I'm a fan of Chuck Dixon from back in his Batman days, so I thought I'd give this a try. There were a few good bits, but overall I thought it was a miss. Didn't really do much for me.

Looks like a grand total of 39

:banana:

34. Amazing Spider-Man vol 6 #17

35. Batman & the Joker: The Deadly Duo #3

36. Daredevil vol 7 #7

37. Dark Ride #4

38. Little Monsters #9

39. Nemesis: Reloaded #1

40. Wolverine vol 7 #28

41. Wolverine vol 7 #29

42. X-Men vol 5 #18

43-53. Amazing Spider-Man vol 1 #20-30