• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overrated Key "First" Books
5 5

321 posts in this topic

On 1/26/2023 at 4:25 PM, Gonzimodo said:

I think the use of the word "cameo" as a first appearance is kind of dumb, really.  

And couldn't be more incorrect.

The various definitions all say a brief appearance by a "well-known" character/person/etc. 

So logic would tell us an unknown character's first time appearing can not be a cameo.

However, I think there is a more accurate name for a chacter's first time appearing in a comic book....  🤔

On 1/27/2023 at 8:16 AM, WolverineX said:

There are no rules as to which 1st appearance book (cameo vs full appearance vs cover appearance vs whatever)  becomes the major key that everyone covets.    The market is irrational. 

While that is true to some degree, how are you determining which book everyone covets? How many examples can you provide of first brief appearances that are worth more than first full appearances that don't have significant supply differences (either generally or by grade) or misinformation about at least one of the books?

On 1/27/2023 at 8:16 AM, WolverineX said:

There are tons of old threads in these forums arguing this same issue over and over. 

Oh, really? :shy:

On 1/27/2023 at 7:16 AM, WolverineX said:

There are no rules as to which 1st appearance book (cameo vs full appearance vs cover appearance vs whatever)  becomes the major key that everyone covets.    The market is irrational. 

There are tons of old threads in these forums arguing this same issue over and over. 

It depends if you are the buyer or the seller.

On 1/26/2023 at 2:16 PM, Kripsys99 said:

Untitled picture.png

Where is this from? There are some simple facts there and a whole bunch of nonsense.

The reason it's the most discussed brief versus full appearance is because Wolverine has by far the highest profile of characters who debuted in this fashion and, due to this, is the proxy for all the others.

It astounds me that some collectors come on here like they know it all, but don't know a Key Collector Comics screenshot on sight. 

Spoiler

Not saying they're "stupid" or anything, just uninformed or a synonym thereof...:wink:

Edited by trademarkcomics

On 1/27/2023 at 5:07 PM, trademarkcomics said:

It astounds me that some collectors come on here like they know it all, but don't know a Key Collector Comics screenshot on sight. 

Hide contents

Not saying they're "stupid" or anything, just uninformed or a synonym thereof...:wink:

It astounds me that you think people who actually know things would ever waste their time on that garbage hype site.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:20 PM, Lazyboy said:

It astounds me that you think people who actually know things would ever waste their time on that garbage hype site.

spongebob-squarepants-spongebob.gif.fa5109122a7e20ce7f6d629a1c717d6a.gif

On 1/27/2023 at 6:27 PM, seanlinc said:

You guys can be more snarky then the coin guys, and I thought that was impossible.

UnimportantBoilingGermanspaniel-size_restricted.gif.39743ae90eefc5a9f0095b884de925f4.gif

On 1/27/2023 at 6:34 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 1/26/2023 at 9:56 PM, CGC Mike said:

I expect to see a more civilized discussion.  

:sumo:

2120412675_when-the-teacher-punishes-the-whole-class-cause-of-one-449559602.png.ea7a6274cebb38a86842da239c1c8fab.png