• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suggest new CUSTOM CGC LABELS here!
8 8

153 posts in this topic

Retro Old School 1st Gen CGC label/flip. Like how Marvel still offers original design as a Variant on most Masterwork editions

Edited by MAR1979

• Administrator
On 9/11/2024 at 1:13 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

I don't see Silver Surfer under current or retired, should I assume that it is retired?

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/7873/CGC-Custom-Labels/

We have retired Silver Surfer. Sometimes we run out of room on the retired graphic, so some do not make it on there.

On 9/11/2024 at 8:03 PM, CGC Mike said:

We have retired Silver Surfer. Sometimes we run out of room on the retired graphic, so some do not make it on there.

Hi Mike.

I would like to see ALL the custom labels CGC has ever made available in the past.  But as you note, CGC's graphic of the retired labels does NOT show all the retired labels.  Can you send me this info?  Or send me a link to where I can find this info?  Searching Google has proven to be a burdensome task.  And no matter which retired labels I have been able to find online, the question still remains... are there others that I'm still unaware of???

And question 2... I saw that you once upon a time had a Valiant comics label (again, without it being shown on your retired labels section).  Are there any plans to have Valiant characters/labels again in the future?  DC?  Image?  Thanks.

• Administrator
On 9/14/2024 at 1:52 AM, WOLVERINE335 said:

Hi Mike.

I would like to see ALL the custom labels CGC has ever made available in the past.  But as you note, CGC's graphic of the retired labels does NOT show all the retired labels.  Can you send me this info?  Or send me a link to where I can find this info?  Searching Google has proven to be a burdensome task.  And no matter which retired labels I have been able to find online, the question still remains... are there others that I'm still unaware of???

And question 2... I saw that you once upon a time had a Valiant comics label (again, without it being shown on your retired labels section).  Are there any plans to have Valiant characters/labels again in the future?  DC?  Image?  Thanks.

Hi

I do not believe we have a posted list for the public as seen in the screenshot below.  However, I will ask the Marketing Manager about this and your other questions.  

image.png

• Administrator
On 9/14/2024 at 1:52 AM, WOLVERINE335 said:

Hi Mike.

Here is the full reply from our Marketing Director.  Note that she is curious as to why you care so much about the full list.  If I am provided an answer, I will pass it along to her.

Eventually, we will have a better landing page for our custom labels but right now we only have the article that I have sent before. I will look into how we can add a full list of retired labels.

I am curious - why does someone care so much about the retired list? Is this because they want to assess the rarity of something? Or is it just seeing what we have offered before? Would love to know the answer.

Regarding the Valiant labels - those were well before my time (2016) - but I did find an article about them. They were limited to 500: https://valiantentertainment.com/2016/08/25/cgc-and-valiant-unveil-the-future-of-valiant-custom-label-debuting-at-baltimore-comic-con-2016/