• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Spring Edition (#6) Round 1
17 17

169 posts in this topic

Two bullseyes for me, on Tessie and Veronica. On my initial look I had the FF between 7.5 and 8.5. However I changed the grade to 6.5 for the wear on the upper left in the green box above Marvel comics group. :makepoint:   I wound up with 4 points which is better than normal.

Edited by frozentundraguy

On 4/24/2023 at 8:51 PM, Tom789 said:

Are you talking about the back top right?  I thought the scuff was a stain, so I gave it a 6.0.  Ouch!

I saw that and the other one I mentioned, graded lower. I'm toast!

On 4/24/2023 at 7:38 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Gave Tessie 7.5 the daredevil 9.4 and the FF a 8.5 other two were bulls. Wow four points, that's even better than normal, I'm shocked!

2-image-buttonwolvbub-1-productimagenowatermark.jpg

Speaking of this Wolverine picture? Has anyone noticed the new avatar that has an ovalness to it? @CGC Mike

I kind of like mine, and I DID notice it's not the same type circle or oval for every avatar so that's pretty and cool!

Anyway the nerves are settling haha coffee is doing the unnerving, but it's all good  :shy:

Carry on :whee:

On 4/24/2023 at 7:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Speaking of this Wolverine picture? Has anyone noticed the new avatar that has an ovalness to it? @CGC Mike

I kind of like mine, and I DID notice it's not the same type circle or oval for every avatar so that's pretty and cool!

Anyway the nerves are settling haha coffee is doing the unnerving, but it's all good  :shy:

Carry on :whee:

I tried to pop it out with my claws, Bubblehead!!!

On 4/24/2023 at 8:00 PM, JollyComics said:

I tried to pop it out with my claws, Bubblehead!!!

I was tempted to change to this image, but I rather think my current is tried and true, or too good to pass up!

I do think that bub as the wolverines catch phrase really should be more prominent in culture, imo, same as thwip for Spider-Man.... lol

• Administrator
On 4/24/2023 at 8:43 PM, Hot Nickels said:

oh wow, when does the summer contest sign ups start. I got hammered

We have 3 more rounds left into this contest.  The summer contest signup will be around July 1st.

On 4/24/2023 at 9:17 PM, AJD said:

So I guess that wasn't a dirty mark/stain under the UPC box on the Veronica? :facepalm:

That was the biggest wild card in the round for me. I looked at some other copies online... most copies were clean there, one copy had vaguely similar marks in that corner but not in the exact same spot. Rolled the dice that it was a printing glitch / no effect on grade and got lucky. In past contests this sort of thing has often tripped me up.