• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Problems with CGC grading a CLEANED and pressed book with a purple label. My thoughts.
7 7

217 posts in this topic

On 4/16/2023 at 7:03 PM, joeypost said:

Remember that at one point in time Jason Ewert had many following him and his uncanny ability to consistently get Uber high grades on his books. He was king of the hill for a little while, until it all unraveled around him. 

During the Ewert peak I was getting 9.8s consistently on uncleaned/pressed/trimmed books from OO collections and purchases from LCSs. No microtrimming, cleaning/pressing or resto needed back then as there were so many beautiful collections to choose from.

Edited by kimik

On 4/16/2023 at 11:22 AM, JollyComics said:

I think he missed the restorations. I missed them once in a while. Sometimes, reputed sellers missed them but we always work it out.   It's your responsible to check the restorations before you purchase or submit your books to CGC.

He should have contacted CCS or any professional restoration services to learn about the dry cleaning and chemical.  He should have read this link from here - 

He should have asked CCS to screen the books if there is any restorations.  

He hadn't used opportunities but instead he complained on his vlog.

Clearly you have never watched a video of his if that's the take you give.

Edited by hyhhyss12

On 4/17/2023 at 10:07 AM, joeypost said:

I’m going to do a few tests using peroxide and UV light and it’s affects on books. I can’t imagine anything good will come of it other than it looks pretty. 

Well good luck on your testing. It has been proven to be highly successful.

On 4/16/2023 at 4:57 PM, NWOslave said:

correcting someone is not an insult. I also provided an opinion based on your post. cgc will be fine as long as speculators are falling for spider-boy 7's all day long. And, I have friends, aquiantences and family thank you.

Sir its ADVICE not ADVISE. Might want to start checking your own mistakes before trying to correct others.

On 4/17/2023 at 6:58 AM, hyhhyss12 said:

Clearly you have never watched a video of his if that's the take you give.

I watch many of his videos and a few comments:

-Absorene is chemical cleaning. It may be detectable by CGC now

-CGC may be able to detect the blue light whitening he does

-He does not know if anything was done to the book before he acquired it.

-he needs to acknowledge that once the book has left his hands things can happen to it even while at CGC: it can get bumped, dropped, damaged during encapsulation, etc.

On 4/17/2023 at 3:48 PM, Lazyboy said:

They're both words, but neither was used by NWOslave, so... (shrug)

Different thread he made. I called him out for being petty and let him know to check his own spelling before he tries to correct others.

On 4/17/2023 at 4:28 PM, WoWitHurts said:

Lost me at "ALOT of extremely good professional cleaners and pressers out there."

I bet you get lost easily in any conversation then. I mean its basic english. But if being petty is your thing do you boo boo.

On 4/17/2023 at 3:49 PM, MrPcfixer said:

Different thread he made. I called him out for being petty and let him know to check his own spelling before he tries to correct others.

Wait... you looked up a thread from years ago for that? You're the one who's petty, in addition to all your other amazing qualities. And your spelling (among many other things) does suck.

On 4/17/2023 at 6:12 PM, Lazyboy said:

Wait... you looked up a thread from years ago for that? You're the one who's petty, in addition to all your other amazing qualities. And your spelling (among many other things) does suck.

Ok buddy you are so right. Ill go hide in the sand now

• Administrator
On 4/16/2023 at 9:46 PM, MR. Pontoon said:

It's a shame this thread had to be shaved.

Stu was banned.  That resulted in all of his posts being hidden.  Other than that, no posts were removed.