• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In Memory of Thomas Drew our DJPinkpanther67 and to help his family in their time of need. Recap Page 24 more is most welcome!!
25 25

518 posts in this topic

On 5/7/2023 at 7:04 PM, Buzzetta said:

Something besides comics.  I already made a donation but I wanted to do something a little "fun".  Thomas had reached out to me a few months ago over our shared guilty pleasure of "wrasslin" and MJF and sent me his number to chat.  I never made that call as work got in the way.  Finally I made that wrasslin' thread hoping he would join in with Jay and I.  :( 

Let's offer a Lego set. 

I don't know how this works so if @skypinkblu confirms to me that you paid, send me an address and I will have this drop shipped from Amazon.  I will confirm that it was ordered with a screen shot of the order. 

Baby Groot - USA Only 

$50

image.thumb.png.bf69905a490c047f6411e5721b9c9a84.png

:takeit:

Hi all, 

Hoping to keep the momentum going. Here are a couple of books to start and I'll look to post more throughout the week.  

My goal is to raise $500 and if the books don't sell, I'll make up the difference.

Please donate directly to the GoFundMe page. I'll cover shipping

DD 181 - 9.2 $80

Unpressed - I bought it raw many years ago and had it graded.  Was hoping it would grade a little better 

Venom 1 9.8 unpressed. $95

Originally graded by me during my very first CGC submissions when I was either in high school or my first year of college.  That label is going to be a collector's item soon!!! You don't see to many of them anymore. 

I'm really happy to see the community stepping up in such a big way. Sha and @CGC Mike thank you for putting this together! 

IMG_20230508_101546928_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230508_101557925_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230508_101620121_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230508_101628480_HDR.jpg

On 5/4/2023 at 8:06 PM, skypinkblu said:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/in-support-of-carmen-drew-and-family

Hi everyone, this thread is being set up to help the family of Thomas Drew who we all knew and loved as DJPinkpanther67.

Thomas's family has not only lost him, but they lost their primary source of income. Carmen wrote a beautiful message that you can read above, what she didn't say is that she is not employed at this time, so that adds to the need.

This thread is being set up to help the family of Thomas Drew who we all knew and loved as DJPinkpanther67.

Thomas's family has not only lost him, but they lost their primary source of income. Carmen wrote a beautiful message that you can read above, what she didn't say is that she is not employed at this time, so that adds to the need.

For those of you who are new to these threads or just don't remember (we have not had one in a while thank G-d) here is how this one will work.

You can make a payment directly to the gofundme page listed with the link above. With gofundme you can list your name or you can be anonymous, your choice. Gofundme does charge a percentage like PP, so if you prefer, Carmen also uses Cash app $carmendrew  and I can give you his PP address if you need that instead. 

She has an id now  Mrs.DJPinkpanther so you can pm her directly if you chose you can ask for her address if you prefer sending a check.

If you would prefer to list a book or another item rather than make a cash donation (I know sometimes people don't have extra cash funds) you can post it directly in the thread.

For a buyer, please post the name of what you are buying and a :takeit:in the thread. If you want to take the book by PM, contact me and I will do a thread with you and the person donating the book.

Please make sure to monitor the thread and mark it sold, promptly when the item is sold, because if you post it, I won't be able to mark it.
If you are going to be away, don't know how to post a picture, or want to be anonymous, just pm me and I'll post the item for you and I'll monitor it.

If you have paid for an item through one of the sources, but wish to remain anonymous to all but the seller, just pm the seller and let them know. Feel free to copy me on any of the P.M.s if you wish.

If you donate a book or something else, please specify if you will pay shipping and where you will pay shipping to. If it's U.S. Only please say that. If you will ship out of the US but need additional funds to help with the shipping out of the US, please say that.

I usually keep a running total to let people know progress, but that was back when I was posting all the books. I'll keep in touch with Carmen and try to update as often as it makes sense.

My heart was really broken when I read about Thomas's 5 year old daughter being alone with him after he passed. So not only do we have a disabled Vet , but a brave little girl who is the daughter of two people who served our Country and were disabled.

I've suggested that Carmen set up an Amazon wish list for her two younger daughters. I will post that info when I have it. If there is nothing on the list you would like to purchase, gift cards are always useful.

I searched on Mrs.DJPinkpanther and cannot find a profile.  What other books are for sale?

On 5/7/2023 at 9:45 PM, skypinkblu said:

There are still some wonderful items available!!

Page 7

7 War Action Books 
$150 shipped OBO Donated by Changer

Superman Foil 5-pack up for grabs, all proceeds directly to Thomas' family: $435 shipped USA (or more if you are so inclined). Donated by ChaseNBlue

Frankie #10 CGC 3.5 CrOW. Ken Bald SS $200 Donated by 143ksk

Page 8

Sgt. Rock lot (late BA and CA)Some great cover art by Joe Kubert!   $50.00

18 comic lot Includes issues:

Donated by AlecHolland ConUS shipping included 

Page 9

Comics Journal #84 - $70 SHIPPED  Donated by Ansoldit

Page 10

Bugs Bunny's Christmas Funnies #7.  Dell Giant, 1956.  First Speedy Gonzales in comics.  VG+, maybe a little better.  $75 donation.  Priority shipping included, US shipping only.  Donated by Roo_Phillip

Page 11

Four Color 159 VG- (CR/OW) $100 shipped in US with proof of donation to gofundme. I will also match and send another $100 donated by Ricksneatstuff

@RaleighComicBookCollector Here’s the most recent recap, from page 11. There’s this, plus whatever is posted since, I believe.

On 5/8/2023 at 9:01 AM, DR.X said:

LOT #1 -

First  :takeit: gets the goods. I'll ship ASAP after money has been donated.

I'll try and pull a few more lots in the next few days.  This lot is for the 25 books pictured below, most are in higher grades. 

$50.00 Shipped

U.S. shipping only.

20230508_102748 (2).jpg

20230508_104724 (2).jpg

:takeit:

LOT #2 -  SOLD TO JustJimN

I'll try and pull a few more lots in the next few days.  This lot is for the 25 books pictured below, most are in higher grades. 

$40.00 Shipped

U.S. shipping only.

20230508_111926 (2).jpg

20230508_111728 (2).jpg

Edited by DR.X

On 5/8/2023 at 9:31 AM, DR.X said:

LOT #2 - 

$40.00 Shipped

U.S. shipping only.

20230508_111926 (2).jpg

20230508_111728 (2).jpg

I'll  take this. Thanks for donating!

On 5/8/2023 at 7:28 AM, KCOComics said:

Hi all, 

Hoping to keep the momentum going. Here are a couple of books to start and I'll look to post more throughout the week.  

My goal is to raise $500 and if the books don't sell, I'll make up the difference.

Please donate directly to the GoFundMe page. I'll cover shipping

DD 181 - 9.2 $80

Unpressed - I bought it raw many years ago and had it graded.  Was hoping it would grade a little better 

Venom 1 9.8 unpressed. $95

Originally graded by me during my very first CGC submissions when I was either in high school or my first year of college.  That label is going to be a collector's item soon!!! You don't see to many of them anymore. 

I'm really happy to see the community stepping up in such a big way. Sha and @CGC Mike thank you for putting this together! 

IMG_20230508_101546928_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230508_101557925_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230508_101620121_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230508_101628480_HDR.jpg

I'll take the DD181!

On 5/8/2023 at 12:50 PM, JustJimN said:
On 5/8/2023 at 11:31 AM, DR.X said:

LOT #2 - 

$40.00 Shipped

U.S. shipping only.

20230508_111926 (2).jpg

20230508_111728 (2).jpg

Expand  

I'll  take this. Thanks for donating!

^^