• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC’s OFFICIAL Mechanical Errors / Returns Policy
11 11

433 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2023 at 7:15 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

B70D6407-59CA-41F2-A144-9701E93432F2.thumb.jpeg.5f8afafda72e2699b13e5618a2d1ae2d.jpeg

This is obviously an added feature to give the cover a dynamic rainbow shift to really pop GH's head!

I am just amazed that the CGC heads really sit back, look at this and say..."yeah, this is an example of our crystal clear optics that should be shown to everyone".

Also CGC:

image.png.d3a6cd35b6922b111173298ede18f609.png

On 5/25/2023 at 8:55 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Have you seen their new promotional gear?

20230524_174756.jpg.f9643bd6ccf5e0b4401044967f3dd30d.jpg

That's very 2015.

On 5/19/2023 at 7:38 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

They are fixing problems for free, just giving you 14-days to inform them.

Your statement is making it sound like they are not going to do anything if a slab gets cracked in the mail from them to you.

Are they though? While personally I don't have a huge issue with Newton rings, some people do, and they used to cover those for a reholder, but they're no longer doing so. The question arises what other flaws are no longer covered. The answer to that question is as crystal clear as their cases with Newton rings. So if you ship back books that you think qualify and they don't, they're going to bang you for the shipping cost both ways.

New slogans.

Our cases are so clear that you can’t even see in them!

Our cases are so clear that it displays a beautiful rainbow across the front and back.

On 5/24/2023 at 11:57 PM, Nick Furious said:

I can't imagine that Sir Isaac Newton ever considered this as the most common way that his name would be mentioned in the future.  Probably rolling over in his grave.  

I imagine that his laws of motion are getting a little more play than our discussion of rings.

On 5/21/2023 at 5:34 PM, Robert_L said:

I agree. It seems this is across the board.

I replied, "I did see the memo, but these were submitted well before the memo came out. As I understand it, anything sent in after that would no longer qualify, correct?.."

Their response:

'Thanks for reaching back out. We do understand that it may seem this way; however, Newton Rings previously were not automatically approved Mechanical Error submissions and it was determined on a case by case basis. At this time we cannot accept these as a Mechanical Error submissions. We can offer you a credit of $25 to your account if you would like to proceed with Reholdering the books.

As mentioned previously Newton Rings are a naturally occurring phenomenon and reholdering the books will not guarantee that they will eliminate the Newton Rings.  These can occur at any time and may even develop over time on holders due to the crystal clear nature of the plastics.  Thank you.'

Not sure when your books were submitted but I had one ME, due to Newton Rings, received on 5/1. Shipped today, at no charge.

No one reached out to me but I was waiting for a call after you posted this lol.

On 5/25/2023 at 5:51 AM, CAHokie said:

New slogans.

Our cases are so clear that you can’t even see in them!

Our cases are so clear that it displays a beautiful rainbow across the front and back.

On 5/24/2023 at 7:22 PM, DougC said:

This is obviously an added feature to give the cover a dynamic rainbow shift to really pop GH's head!

I am just amazed that the CGC heads really sit back, look at this and say..."yeah, this is an example of our crystal clear optics that should be shown to everyone".

Also CGC:

image.png.d3a6cd35b6922b111173298ede18f609.png

20230524_175350.jpg.8785ba86b6c5a7c1fbb320a1ea70e6f3.jpg

On 5/24/2023 at 10:57 PM, Nick Furious said:

I can't imagine that Sir Isaac Newton ever considered this as the most common way that his name would be mentioned in the future.  Probably rolling over in his grave.  

20230524_174603.jpg.1ec919cce85cfeb0690c41d6f8dc4d5b.jpg

On 5/25/2023 at 1:31 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

"They give you this, but you pay for that · And once you're gone you can never come back."

neil young on Make a GIF

Ugh...I can hear that screeching, out of tune, 3-note guitar solo from here.

Talk about a mechanical error...

Edited by Sigur Ros

My latest batch of 102 books just came back from CGC!

No Newton Rings

No ME's

No scratches

No upside down books!

Are you guys happy for me? :foryou:

Terrell Owens American Football GIF - Terrell Owens American ...

On 5/20/2023 at 6:28 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

I agree Pat, one would think.  Everyone I know through the years usually seems amped up to open their CGC boxes right away.

14-days seems reasonable to me to inform CGC of any kind of problems, but whatevs anymore.

Eagles season is around the corner which is more important! Yeaaaa Birds!

I agree 14 days is plenty of time. Newton rings also do not bother me. I understand the frustration from most collectors with this new policy, but they are free to take their business elsewhere.