• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2023 at 3:17 PM, Mike Fiorentino said:

I have a very similar situation. I can’t get in touch with Mike and he has had my book for restoration(ASM 2) since 09/20… almost three years. Every time I sought out for an update I kept getting some run around and was eventually asked for patience and his trust. Now I can’t get in touch with him and just recently learned that his company isn’t doing well… I would like to know what you guys who are in the same boat are doing about this… thanks let’s work together to get our books back.

Here is another book that needs to be returned.

After waiting in queue Mike sent me this 2/21/22 before everything went dark and he then stopped all communication

I just got a PM asking for details. Given the fact he only responded from this thread I will post things here to keep a record

IMG_2513.jpeg

IMG_2506.jpeg

IMG_2507.jpeg

IMG_2510.jpeg

IMG_2509.jpeg

IMG_2508.jpeg

IMG_2511.jpeg

IMG_2514.jpeg

Edited by NP_Gresham

On 6/17/2023 at 12:49 PM, Dr. Balls said:
On 6/17/2023 at 11:32 AM, CAHokie said:

Maybe not?

@Hero Restoration if you send NP his book back on Tuesday with a tracking number, I will reimburse you and add extra for your time after he confirms he got the book. 

I will add $100 to this endeavor. Once NP confirms, I will send a Paypal F&F to Mike. Just @Dr. Balls me in the followup post.

I hope this is on the condition that the $3200 that @NP_Gresham paid is returned to him with the book if the restoration hasn't been performed. 

Quite a long an interesting read I guess it's a complicated matter for the business owner but the next step forward seems perfectly clear. Just send back whomever has requested their books back as is. At this point i'm pretty sure they have written off any fees they have paid and would just be happy to have their books back. If sometime in the future you made them whole great but at this point I think most would be thrilled to just have their property returned.

On 6/17/2023 at 4:12 PM, Flanders82 said:

I hope this is on the condition that the $3200 that @NP_Gresham paid is returned to him with the book if the restoration hasn't been performed. 

It’s a great question but at this point he feels he has lost both. The book is the most valuable thing and something he has no right to keep. I get the feeling (just a feeling) that the money is gone, the book is hopefully still there. 

On 6/17/2023 at 3:01 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I’m wanting to see NP get his book back, and shipping a costly book like that isn’t cheap

It shouldn't cost more than uninsured USPS registered mail.  Either the owner's collector's insurance policy or Hero Restoration's insurance will cover anything lost in the mail if certain conditions are met, such as using an authorized carrier/shipping option with signature confirmation.  That's the benefit of having a policy, you don't have to spend needless money on double coverage that won't even apply or be paid out if they purchase through USPS, since another policy is inforce and existed prior. 

On 6/17/2023 at 6:22 PM, Flanders82 said:

It shouldn't cost more than uninsured USPS registered mail.  Either the owner's collector's insurance policy or Hero Restoration's insurance will cover anything lost in the mail if certain conditions are met, such as using an authorized carrier/shipping option with signature confirmation.  That's the benefit of having a policy, you don't have to spend needless money on double coverage that won't even apply or be paid out if they purchase through USPS, since another policy is inforce and existed prior. 

Exactly. I should have said as much to Mike before he shipped my books, as I see they've been sent UPS without signature confirmation. They're due to arrive on Monday; the last update on the UPS site was from 6/14 at 12:29 am saying they left the Portland, OR branch (after being delivered from Albany, OR, close to Lebanon, OR where Hero is located). Crossing my fingers they arrive safely. I'll report back here.

On 6/17/2023 at 2:06 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

I really hope @NP_Gresham’s AF 15 isn’t “missing”.  It should be a priority to sort out the people that want their books back regardless if work has been completed or not.  

At the very LEAST, get those people their books back immediately.  Figure out the refunds later.  This is ridiculous.

That's exactly what I was thinking.