• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2023 at 10:55 AM, jimjum12 said:

... I don't believe I've ever seen a reputation so deftly jettisoned down the toilet. Wow. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... sounds like a Class Action lawsuit to me. 

Yup. That dude has flushed himself down the drain.

Im speechless …

This is sad.  I would be incredibly upset. Some of you had books there that skyrocketed and then came back down. At this point, just getting the books back seem like a win.

@Hero Restoration was the AF-15 placed in the mail today and tracking pm’d to NPG? 

I got my Batman # 1 back last year after six years. It looked really nice , I was surprised it only got 7.0…

On 6/20/2023 at 10:14 PM, wombat said:

So if all these books have been there for over 5 years who exactly has been getting books finished/returned the last 5 years? People who submitted before that?

On 6/20/2023 at 11:40 AM, L'Angelo Misterioso said:

Lol at people early in this thread's development giving Mike the benefit of the doubt

The guy had a heart attack.  I try to be neutral and sympathetic in such situations.  Or at least give the benefit of the doubt.  But his ensuing commentary and inaction just kinda throws all that out the door.  I'm wondering, at what point does this qualify for the Probation List?  Or is the PL off the table since the seller has shown they are working on books?  Albeit...EXTREMELY slowly.

On 6/20/2023 at 5:14 PM, ExNihilo said:

The guy had a heart attack.  I try to be neutral and sympathetic in such situations.  Or at least give the benefit of the doubt.  But his ensuing commentary and inaction just kinda throws all that out the door.  I'm wondering, at what point does this qualify for the Probation List?  Or is the PL off the table since the seller has shown they are working on books?  Albeit...EXTREMELY slowly.

I think having this thread preserved for posterity does more than the PL. Isn't the PL just for buyers and sellers? 

On 6/20/2023 at 5:13 PM, Buzzetta said:

Funny you mention that... 

I was warned by a board member to stay away back in 2016 after I had messaged Heroes to restore a Superman 3 that I bought off the boards.  Heroes got so far as to email me the paperwork to my personal address and I was to send the book in with the paperwork that week.  Upon finding out what I was about to do, someone who I was friendly with on the boards reached out and explained why that would not be a good idea.  My little inner voice tossed and turned as I figured it was a handshake deal, but I did not send the book in as what they told me made sense.  

Everything that the board member mentioned to me has come to fruition.  It just took a few years longer than he expected. 

I wound up keeping the 1.5 copy of Superman 3 and then wound up buying a 6.0 Restored from Comiclink later on.   Looks like I made the right decision.

I personally prefer the Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...

On 6/20/2023 at 2:23 PM, rumrunner71 said:

I think having this thread preserved for posterity does more than the PL. Isn't the PL just for buyers and sellers? 

The thread would still exist, the PL would just be more of a formality.  I forget where, but I thought at one point transactions that occurred outside the boards still qualified for the PL, but I can't seem to find that verbiage in the PL Discussion Thread.

On 6/20/2023 at 4:23 PM, rumrunner71 said:

Isn't the PL just for buyers and sellers? 

No.

The Probation List applies to transactions between board members........and it applies to transactions that occured on or off of the boards.

Here is the thread containing the rules for the Hall of Shame and Probation List.