• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2023 at 1:25 PM, FlyingDonut said:

I'm quite sure that no one here is going to use Hero Restoration's services ever again, and if asked, I will be saying "hey, don't use these guys."

Maybe someone should send a memo to ComicTom, since he's promoted their services multiple times in the past. It might be time for him to make another video cautioning his viewers about this business.

Edited by Flanders82

On 6/22/2023 at 4:25 PM, FlyingDonut said:

So you're not getting your $2K back?

Not entirely sure that stealing $2K of a customer's money because you haven't started working on a project after 16 months is the greatest marketing/new business effort for a struggling small firm. Not for nothing, but people on this board are extremely influential in the very small world of high end comic book restoration. I'm quite sure that no one here is going to use Hero Restoration's services ever again, and if asked, I will be saying "hey, don't use these guys."

Thanks for your comment.  I’ve asked this guy several times to refund me along with the book being returned.  He’s a bit of a wise guy telling me to check the Terms of Agreement.  It’s very unprofessional to say the least.  I’m not happy about it but I’m not sure how to proceed with recouping my 2k.  Advice is welcomed!

On 6/22/2023 at 3:12 PM, Steviehuv66 said:

Thanks for your comment.  I’ve asked this guy several times to refund me along with the book being returned.  He’s a bit of a wise guy telling me to check the Terms of Agreement.  It’s very unprofessional to say the least.  I’m not happy about it but I’m not sure how to proceed with recouping my 2k.  Advice is welcomed!

I’m not a lawyer, but in my personal experience (1st and 2nd hand) the amount of absorbing $2k will be less than the time and money (time being the operative word here) spent trying to collect it.

On 6/22/2023 at 4:39 PM, Flanders82 said:

Maybe someone should send a memo to ComicTom, since he's promoted their services multiple times in the past. It might be time for him to make another video cautioning his viewers about this business.

Go for it!   Take the ball and run with it. 

On 6/22/2023 at 3:43 PM, FlyingDonut said:

The amount of paying OUT $2K will be less than the business lost in keeping it.

Oh man, you are not kidding about that.

On 6/22/2023 at 4:39 PM, ExNihilo said:

Probably the 2nd quickest business to torpedo their reputation this week only after OceanGate.

image.thumb.png.20b73710e2a79e4894dfeec08dc81ec2.png

Too soon! Too soon!

On 6/22/2023 at 5:12 PM, Steviehuv66 said:

Road trip 

On 6/22/2023 at 7:01 PM, Timmay said:

Road trip 

yes, getting in a car would be an option...I am not a tough guy and not suggesting getting physical but the personal touch may be required

Edited by Bird

On 6/22/2023 at 4:16 PM, Black_Adam said:

Any contractor asking for full payment before any work is done is telegraphing they have problems with cash flow, which is a huge red flag that this is not a contractor you want to do business with.   

Doesn't CGC require full payment up front? We should avoid them?