• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
19 19

956 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2023 at 1:07 AM, Poka said:

This is a business gone broke. I expect people will get their books back, but the money is gone when the business burst. Sorry - but part of life

? You've been speaking about this like Hero's clients were major shareholders taking a risk with an up and coming business, and not customers who were practically robbed when said business took their money and failed to fulfill the service. This kind of loss is okay to you just because the business went belly-up?

On 7/19/2023 at 8:41 AM, october said:

Some of these examples, including the one above, push this "business" into outright scam territory for me...or close enough to that line where there is no functional difference.

Nine years. 

+1

Are we certain that, at this point, @Hero Restoration is just inept at business?

I'm not quite certain if Mike's eventual bankruptcy will cover what is looking more and more like outright fraud. 

On 7/19/2023 at 12:54 AM, paulailp said:

He has had one of my flash #1, books along with $5000.00 paid for the restoration. Paid in 2014. Minimal updates and different excuses. Mike is a very personal person and I wish the best for him. However I am skeptical  I received a call today from another victim. I don’t know how they had my name and contact information. They asked me to file a criminal complaint. I sent Mike an email requesting a call asap. Let’s hope he is ok and I get my $100,000 book back. Just went back and checked my records. Sent book in 2014. I made the check out to Mike personally and Hero Restoration was not listed as an llc at this time.

E892A230-585C-4B5B-A32A-E75C586E09FD.thumb.jpeg.7d126dcca5eab07de73f69a01d2ea05b.jpeg

By far the worst case out of all the ones we've heard so far, if all of this is how you've presented it. Flash #1......wow

On 7/19/2023 at 6:41 AM, october said:

Some of these examples, including the one above, push this "business" into outright scam territory for me...or close enough to that line where there is no functional difference.

Nine years. 

but, but, but he had a heart attack

On 7/19/2023 at 10:48 AM, wombat said:

Flat out theft. NINE years. I eagerly await someone to throw out some kind of excuse for this. 

Noo!!! You don't understand it DOES take that long to restore it, because it's a blue chip key!!! It's the cost of doing business guys!

On 7/19/2023 at 2:16 AM, Cat said:

Oh well conversation over. It's okay guys, you're out your thousands of dollars, and we can just close this thread. Nothing more to be said. 

You can post whatever you want (within the rules). That won't change the simple fact that there is no money. (shrug)

On 7/18/2023 at 11:54 PM, paulailp said:

I received a call today from another victim. I don’t know how they had my name and contact information. They asked me to file a criminal complaint.

This has to be done at this point to protect the customers victims. Filling the complaint is just a procedure and will be used to set standing, the next step will be to set forth a civil case with the main goal of seeing all books returned to their owners. Everyone is aware that the money is gone but once a judgement is given you can then use that to file property liens, jockey a higher position on the creditor list, and all around make sure this will be public information and follow him so that he cannot scam more people in the future.

Filing is definitely wise here. It won't necessarily (?) put the cash back into the victims' pockets, but any efforts on the legal front are better than doing none of that at all. The unfortunate nature of the circumstances is something that I can understand causing hopelessness, but filing a criminal complaint against Mike, all while @Hero Restoration returns the victim's comics, would be productive. There is very clearly a strong case here, and I encourage those affected to contribute as much information as they can to help in any legal processe.

Edited by L'Angelo Misterioso