• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2023 at 3:36 AM, Lightning55 said:

This thread has been akin to watching a disaster in slow motion. Like the Titanic.

The thread starts as the iceberg hits, then there's the ensuing chaos and panic as the ship gets lower in the water. It splits in 2 and disappears into the ocean.

I hope some survivors get rescued in this version.

It's inevitable that years from now, one guy will search far and deep through the board's history to resurrect this thread only for him to do something inappropriate with around five others resulting in the implosion of the whole thread and it being locked. 

On 7/19/2023 at 7:41 AM, october said:

Some of these examples, including the one above, push this "business" into outright scam territory for me...or close enough to that line where there is no functional difference.

Nine years. 

I realize I have no dog in this but it utterly baffled me when I saw that…presumably a backlog of stuff (or maybe just that single book?) sat for that long and a decision was made to take on more work? And meanwhile, books submitted after 2014 are presumably getting worked on and sent back? I just don’t get it….

(Edit: and yes, I realize some books may be easier and quicker to work on than others, but still…almost 10 years…)

Edited by 850chris

On 7/19/2023 at 1:07 AM, Poka said:

This is a business gone broke. I expect people will get their books back, but the money is gone when the business burst. Sorry - but part of life

? You've been speaking about this like Hero's clients were major shareholders taking a risk with an up and coming business, and not customers who were practically robbed when said business took their money and failed to fulfill the service. This kind of loss is okay to you just because the business went belly-up?

On 7/19/2023 at 8:41 AM, october said:

Some of these examples, including the one above, push this "business" into outright scam territory for me...or close enough to that line where there is no functional difference.

Nine years. 

+1

Are we certain that, at this point, @Hero Restoration is just inept at business?

I'm not quite certain if Mike's eventual bankruptcy will cover what is looking more and more like outright fraud. 

On 7/19/2023 at 12:54 AM, paulailp said:

He has had one of my flash #1, books along with $5000.00 paid for the restoration. Paid in 2014. Minimal updates and different excuses. Mike is a very personal person and I wish the best for him. However I am skeptical  I received a call today from another victim. I don’t know how they had my name and contact information. They asked me to file a criminal complaint. I sent Mike an email requesting a call asap. Let’s hope he is ok and I get my $100,000 book back. Just went back and checked my records. Sent book in 2014. I made the check out to Mike personally and Hero Restoration was not listed as an llc at this time.

E892A230-585C-4B5B-A32A-E75C586E09FD.thumb.jpeg.7d126dcca5eab07de73f69a01d2ea05b.jpeg

By far the worst case out of all the ones we've heard so far, if all of this is how you've presented it. Flash #1......wow

On 7/19/2023 at 6:41 AM, october said:

Nine years. 

but, but, but he had a heart attack

On 7/19/2023 at 10:48 AM, wombat said:

Flat out theft. NINE years. I eagerly await someone to throw out some kind of excuse for this. 

Noo!!! You don't understand it DOES take that long to restore it, because it's a blue chip key!!! It's the cost of doing business guys!