• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2023 at 10:43 PM, thehumantorch said:

All of the drama aside the one thing I can't get past or forgive is spending customers money before it's earned.  It should be held in trust until the work is done and the customer is happy.

And Hero, you've mentioned this thread is killing any chance of saving your business, but this is your mess, the customers have been scrwewed, sooner or later someone was gonna make this public.  It may hurt but it's the truth and your customers and prospective customers deserve to hear it.  How could we just sit back and ignore this and let more people send in books and money and potentially enjoy the same fate?

Yep. This is the real reason this thread is 40+ pages long. If he held their money and didn’t spend it until the books were shipped back with services rendered he’d not have had much issue. Most people would have been sympathetic to a small business on hard times and been okay with the hassle if they were refunded in full plus unfinished books back. But when you spend the money before the work is done that’s no longer an option, and then you compound the problem by mocking your customers in a public forum (likely the same in private). This community is actually pretty forgiving but you can’t treat people that way and expect to get away with it.

I hope everyone gets their books back. The money may well take months to years to it never happens with a chapter 7 though. 

On 7/17/2023 at 5:26 AM, wiparker824 said:

Yep. This is the real reason this thread is 40+ pages long. If he held their money and didn’t spend it until the books were shipped back with services rendered he’d not have had much issue. Most people would have been sympathetic to a small business on hard times and been okay with the hassle if they were refunded in full plus unfinished books back. But when you spend the money before the work is done that’s no longer an option, and then you compound the problem by mocking your customers in a public forum (likely the same in private). This community is actually pretty forgiving but you can’t treat people that way and expect to get away with it.

I hope everyone gets their books back. The money may well take months to years to it never happens with a chapter 7 though. 

Someone trading as Hotshot Comics has been engaging in similar shenannigans, in regard to spending customers' money on expanding his business while failing to deliver promised goods/services.

Edited by Steven Valdez

On 7/16/2023 at 3:55 PM, Steven Valdez said:

Someone trading as Hotshot Comics has been engaging in similar shenannigans, in regard to spending customers' money on expanding his business while failing to deliver promised goods/services.

That HotShot Comics thing has been brewing for years.  And while I'm surprised it's taken so long for anything to happen, I'm glad the crows have come home to roost.  But I digress as there are plenty of threads already relating to that.

On 7/16/2023 at 7:08 PM, ExNihilo said:

That HotShot Comics thing has been brewing for years.  And while I'm surprised it's taken so long for anything to happen, I'm glad the crows have come home to roost.  But I digress as there are plenty of threads already relating to that.

Not anymore. :shiftyeyes:

On 7/17/2023 at 9:15 AM, Poka said:

We don't live in a perfect world. Some times, businesses goes under impacting its customers. Some times customers fail businesses by not paying their dues. While people can be upset - it can go both ways. It is all about trust and reputation. There is risk with every transaction..

Well there certainly is zero trust and reputation at this point. 

On 7/18/2023 at 9:22 AM, wombat said:

Well there certainly is zero trust and reputation at this point. 

There's plenty of trust, TONNES of trust. 

I trust that all Hero's customers will never see a cent back of the money they're owed. 

On 7/17/2023 at 9:15 AM, Poka said:

We don't live in a perfect world. Some times, businesses goes under impacting its customers. Some times customers fail businesses by not paying their dues. While people can be upset - it can go both ways. It is all about trust and reputation. There is risk with every transaction..

Not sure of your point. Do you think this business should be sending books back to their customers? Or do you think the business isn't obligated because the customer should have known it's a risk and therefore, the customer has no reason to be upset? (shrug)

On 7/18/2023 at 10:14 AM, Buzzetta said:

then he cried that he did not have enough money to complete his promised services. 

When did he do that? Is he not continuing to work on books and provide those services, albeit slowly?

On 7/18/2023 at 2:29 PM, Lazyboy said:

When did he do that? Is he not continuing to work on books and provide those services, albeit slowly?

As far as I know, he has just straight up done no work on submissions. He even knowingly sent a flawed book to CGC without customers consent. He's also been upfront here about how the LLC is basically dead because he has no cashflow and by extension no money to make the victims whole. And the situation wouldn't really even be much better if he was slowly doing work on the books for the few people who still want them restored by Mike, because he doesn't have the money to pay people back. 

On 7/18/2023 at 3:35 PM, L'Angelo Misterioso said:

As far as I know, he has just straight up done no work on submissions. He even knowingly sent a flawed book to CGC without customers consent. He's also been upfront here about how the LLC is basically dead because he has no cashflow and by extension no money to make the victims whole. And the situation wouldn't really even be much better if he was slowly doing work on the books for the few people who still want them restored by Mike, because he doesn't have the money to pay people back. 

What he said. 

At some point something becomes so slow it ceases to move. 

He has had one of my flash #1, books along with $5000.00 paid for the restoration. Paid in 2014. Minimal updates and different excuses. Mike is a very personal person and I wish the best for him. However I am skeptical  I received a call today from another victim. I don’t know how they had my name and contact information. They asked me to file a criminal complaint. I sent Mike an email requesting a call asap. Let’s hope he is ok and I get my $100,000 book back. Just went back and checked my records. Sent book in 2014. I made the check out to Mike personally and Hero Restoration was not listed as an llc at this time.

E892A230-585C-4B5B-A32A-E75C586E09FD.thumb.jpeg.7d126dcca5eab07de73f69a01d2ea05b.jpeg

Edited by paulailp

On 7/18/2023 at 11:09 PM, Motor City Rob said:

Not sure of your point. Do you think this business should be sending books back to their customers? Or do you think the business isn't obligated because the customer should have known it's a risk and therefore, the customer has no reason to be upset? (shrug)

This is a business gone broke. I expect people will get their books back, but the money is gone when the business burst. Sorry - but part of life

On 7/19/2023 at 3:07 PM, Poka said:

This is a business gone broke. I expect people will get their books back, but the money is gone when the business burst. Sorry - but part of life

Oh well conversation over. It's okay guys, you're out your thousands of dollars, and we can just close this thread. Nothing more to be said. 

This thread has been akin to watching a disaster in slow motion. Like the Titanic.

The thread starts as the iceberg hits, then there's the ensuing chaos and panic as the ship gets lower in the water. It splits in 2 and disappears into the ocean.

I hope some survivors get rescued in this version.