• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HERO RESTORATION - BOOKS NOT BEING RETURNED
20 20

961 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2023 at 2:16 AM, Cat said:

Oh well conversation over. It's okay guys, you're out your thousands of dollars, and we can just close this thread. Nothing more to be said. 

You can post whatever you want (within the rules). That won't change the simple fact that there is no money. (shrug)

On 7/18/2023 at 11:54 PM, paulailp said:

I received a call today from another victim. I don’t know how they had my name and contact information. They asked me to file a criminal complaint.

This has to be done at this point to protect the customers victims. Filling the complaint is just a procedure and will be used to set standing, the next step will be to set forth a civil case with the main goal of seeing all books returned to their owners. Everyone is aware that the money is gone but once a judgement is given you can then use that to file property liens, jockey a higher position on the creditor list, and all around make sure this will be public information and follow him so that he cannot scam more people in the future.

Filing is definitely wise here. It won't necessarily (?) put the cash back into the victims' pockets, but any efforts on the legal front are better than doing none of that at all. The unfortunate nature of the circumstances is something that I can understand causing hopelessness, but filing a criminal complaint against Mike, all while @Hero Restoration returns the victim's comics, would be productive. There is very clearly a strong case here, and I encourage those affected to contribute as much information as they can to help in any legal processe.

Edited by L'Angelo Misterioso

On 7/19/2023 at 2:02 PM, DougC said:

This has to be done at this point to protect the customers victims. Filling the complaint is just a procedure and will be used to set standing, the next step will be to set forth a civil case with the main goal of seeing all books returned to their owners. Everyone is aware that the money is gone but once a judgement is given you can then use that to file property liens, jockey a higher position on the creditor list, and all around make sure this will be public information and follow him so that he cannot scam more people in the future.

A Flash #1 , .....5K & 9 years

A Flash #1 , .....5K & 9 years ....so monumental I had to say it twice ......(bro, I would have lost my mind,you are stronger than I , hope you get it back fast ) 

.....wait what , Was the scheme.to wait so long as to the Victim dies ? .... and poof .....no one knows ?

More importantly , has this already in fact occurred , and if so who the hell would know .......aside from in a few cases ,  a few informed survivors ....

"One of the lucky victims"

Edited by wolvie

On 7/18/2023 at 11:54 PM, paulailp said:

He has had one of my flash #1, books...

This seems to have been skimmed over.....and obviously you don't have to answer.

But.....if he has ONE of your Flash #1 books.....how many other copies do you have? :whatthe:

On 7/19/2023 at 7:42 PM, Bird said:

anyone adding up the $ for services paid but not rendered?

From what I can see, it's well into 5 figures now.

-bc

Edit: We will never know the full extent, but given these funds were used to procure equipment and hire employees and secure operational space, it's likely significantly more.

Edited by bc

On 7/19/2023 at 12:54 AM, paulailp said:

He has had one of my flash #1, books along with $5000.00 paid for the restoration. Paid in 2014. Minimal updates and different excuses. Mike is a very personal person and I wish the best for him. However I am skeptical  I received a call today from another victim. I don’t know how they had my name and contact information. They asked me to file a criminal complaint. I sent Mike an email requesting a call asap. Let’s hope he is ok and I get my $100,000 book back. Just went back and checked my records. Sent book in 2014. I made the check out to Mike personally and Hero Restoration was not listed as an llc at this time.

E892A230-585C-4B5B-A32A-E75C586E09FD.thumb.jpeg.7d126dcca5eab07de73f69a01d2ea05b.jpeg

Wow I think this puts a cherry on the top of this thread. I was inclined to be somewhat sympathetic to heros situation while also understanding his customers dilemma. But this? There is no excuse to having someones book for 9 years regardless of the work needing to be done. 

It would be nice to have a thread reserved for the customers (victims) to be able to come forward with what they are out and updated when they get their books and/or money. It looks like the first few posts would need to be reserved to fit them all in. :( 

On 6/24/2023 at 1:11 PM, Hero Restoration said:

One thing I never did was mix business and personal income. I took a normal check like everybody else, and many times I was not the highest paid person in the group. More  hours was a must, and if Hero couldn't afford it, I took less and leveraged cards.My life is very lean, so What I did earn  enough I was able to buy a few things, but when things got tough for the company I gave it all up. Not only did I sell my Harley to pay for company expenses, but I sold it at a 60% loss and it was. I mean I loved that Harley.

This parts gets me.  You claim you weren't always the highest paid person, and had to take less some times, but were able to afford to buy a Harley.  It doesn't say it was before or after to started your business, but if it were purchased after you started your business is super messed up.  You had clients sending you books and money, while a lot are still waiting for the work to get done.  That Flash #1 still being worked on after 9 years is pure BS.  I'd be pissed if I spent that kind of money like what the poster for Flash #1 paid, and then finding out you got yourself some new toys while the book just sat for years.  

On 7/19/2023 at 10:50 AM, Lazyboy said:

You can post whatever you want (within the rules). That won't change the simple fact that there is no money. (shrug)

You don't know that. How many cars does the guy own?  Just because he spent the money doesn't mean it can't be clawed back, and judgments placed on his home, pensions, etc, etc. 

On 7/19/2023 at 8:13 PM, Mr. Zipper said:

Mike was a well-regarded, upstanding member of the community here and in other forums for many years. I always admired his passion and drive to be a top-notch restorer. I used his service several times with excellent results and never had an issue.

Obviously he's made mistakes and poor business decisions, which were amplified by significant health problems. Knowing some middle age friends who went through heart issues, it can take many, many months to get your strength back, even after a "mild" event. I do not believe for one second Mike would intentionally harm anyone, even if that may be the consequence of his actions.

I pray he regains his health and can find happiness and his passion again. I also hope that everyone affected can be made as whole as possible. It was upsetting and gut wrenching catching up on this topic. 

“Mistakes and poor business decisions”?  I re-hash the following:

On 7/14/2023 at 9:20 AM, wiparker824 said:

Okay, so did you also send him his money back since you’re admitting to not performing the service he paid for? Or did you just use it to buy more baby chickens?

On 7/14/2023 at 9:23 AM, Hero Restoration said:

More chickens.