• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen OA Alert - UPDATED Monday, Aug 21st
2 2

121 posts in this topic

The good news is you have a solid lead. The bad news is, now you have to pray the US Postal Inspection Service in Dallas has someone who really wants to do the work ahead: First, an immediate subpoena to Ebay for subscriber, payment and bank/credit card info. After that is received, the agent should subpoena a) any and all financial accounts identified, b) any Google or Apple account identified and c) any phone records while also doing a full background on the subscriber. Once those accounts come back, he'll have a direction on how to move forward. The bad news is, what I described will take 2 months minimum -- so it won't go fast. The good news is, if he gets what I think he will get from the financials he should have enough for a search warrant for the seller's Google or Apple cloud account. If the criminal was using standard emails and text messaging (as opposed to encrypted comms like Proton Mail and WhatsApp), the evidence to charge him should surface via that warrant. 

BTW contacting the seller won't help -- he's a criminal is a mail theft ring. Let USPIS do their job.

Edited by KirbyCollector

On 8/7/2023 at 9:45 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Thanks to all whose keen eagle eyes have spotted these items for sale on ebay.  I'm glad to be a member of this august community of collectors, and I want you all to know that I am communication with the ebay seller presently.  

The seller had just reached out to follow up. Glad you'll be getting your pages back! 

Screenshots_2023-08-08-18-34-01.png

On 8/7/2023 at 9:41 PM, KirbyCollector said:

The good news is you have a solid lead. The bad news is, now you have to pray the US Postal Inspection Service in Dallas has someone who really wants to do the work ahead: First, an immediate subpoena to Ebay for subscriber, payment and bank/credit card info. After that is received, the agent should subpoena a) any and all financial accounts identified, b) any Google or Apple account identified and c) any phone records while also doing a full background on the subscriber. Once those accounts come back, he'll have a direction on how to move forward. The bad news is, what I described will take 2 months minimum -- so it won't go fast. The good news is, if he gets what I think he will get from the financials he should have enough for a search warrant for the seller's Google or Apple cloud account. If the criminal was using standard emails and text messaging (as opposed to encrypted comms like Proton Mail and WhatsApp), the evidence to charge him should surface via that warrant. 

BTW contacting the seller won't help -- he's a criminal is a mail theft ring. Let USPIS do their job.

Image tagged in grail knight you chose poorly - Imgflip

Spoiler

Assuming the above post is true of course

If he gets his art back, great, I would still report every detail of this seller to USPIS. There is still a mail theft ring targeting Heritage shipments (potentially any of ours) and it was no "accident" or "misunderstanding" that the art landed with this guy. He's the best lead for any ongoing investigation and should be reported ASAP.

Edited by KirbyCollector

On 8/8/2023 at 9:16 PM, KirbyCollector said:

If he gets his art back, great, I would still report every detail of this seller to USPIS. There is still a mail theft ring targeting Heritage shipments (potentially any of ours) and it was no "accident" or "misunderstanding" that the art landed with this guy. He's the best lead for any ongoing investigation and should be reported ASAP.

Yeah , this guy might know of Brian Pecks Ghost rider page too .