• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen OA Alert - UPDATED Monday, Aug 21st
2 2

121 posts in this topic

HI, all:

A few months ago, I sent a package of OA consignments to Heritage.  Unfortunately, the package was out for delivery Mar 4th and never seen/heard from again.  The artwork was sent with item tracking and signature confirmation but was stolen in transit by a USPS driver.  I have spent the past two months working with USPS (not helpful at all) and HA (very helpful).  A police report has been filed

Please spread the word, and DM me should you see/be offered any of the following artwork:

1. Brett Booth Gunslinger Spawn #8 p20 splash with Spawn and Gunslinger Spawn
  2. Brett Booth The Flash #36 cover
  3. Brett Booth Flash/Speed Buggy #1p10 splash
  4. Herb Trimpe Avengers #333p9 (Captain America battles Dr. Doom)
  5. Jim Starlin Strange Adventures #5p2/3 Double Page Splash
  6. Jim Starlin Hawkman Special #1p8/9 Double Page Spread

1. Jim Starlin Strange Adventures #5p8/9 Double Page Spread (awesome all-out battle)
  2. Jim Starlin Hawkman Special #1p4/5 Double Page Spread 
  3. Brett Booth The Flash #54p20 Splash (killer splash page, pivitol moment)
  1. Brett Booth Flash/Speed Buggy #1p33 splash
  2. Brett Booth Flash Future's End #1p7 half splash
  3. Brett Booth Flash Future's End #1p8 
  4. Brett Booth The Flash 47p5 half splash vs Professor Zoom (reverse Flash)
  5. Brett Booth The Flash 47p7 splash vs Professor Zoom (reverse Flash)
  6. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #481p6
  7. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #481p8
  8. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #482p16
  9. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #482p19
  10. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #482p22
  11. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #484p1
  12. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #484p18
  13. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #485p4
  14. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #485p6
  15. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #486p19
  16. Billy Tan Uncanny X-Men #492p2
  17. Jim Starlin Strange Adventures #5p14 half splash
  18. Jim Starlin Mystery in Space #8p28 splashy
  19. Kevin Maguire Supergirl #21p9
  20. Kevin Maguire Supergirl #22p14
  21. Kevin Maguire Supergirl #22p15
  22. Pascal Alixe Ultimate X-Men #82p13 written by Robert Kirkman (writer/co-creator of Invincible & The Walking Dead)
  23. Pascal Alixe Ultimate X-Men #82p14 written by Robert Kirkman (writer/co-creator of Invincible & The Walking Dead)
  24. Pascal Alixe Ultimate X-Men #82p15 written by Robert Kirkman (writer/co-creator of Invincible & The Walking Dead)
  25. Pascal Alixe Ultimate X-Men #83p2 written by Robert Kirkman (writer/co-creator of Invincible & The Walking Dead)
  26. Pascal Alixe Ultimate X-Men #83p3 written by Robert Kirkman (writer/co-creator of Invincible & The Walking Dead)
  27. Pascal Alixe Ultimate X-Men #83p11 written by Robert Kirkman (writer/co-creator of Invincible & The Walking Dead)
  28. Mark Bagley Spiderman #2p15
  29. Mark Bagley Spiderman #2p16
  30. Mark Bagley Spiderman #2p17
  31. Mark Bagley Spiderman #3p7
  32. Mark Bagley Spiderman #3p16
  33. Mark Bagley Spiderman #4p1
  34. Mark Bagley Spiderman #4p8
  35. Mark Bagley Spiderman #4p9
  36. Mark Bagley Spiderman #4p13
  37. Mark Bagley Spiderman #5p21

PS I sent HA a separate package the following week containing another 50+ OA consignments and I am just waiting for USPS to confirm once more that they haven't a clue as to what happened to the package.  So I may have to file another police report.  :tonofbricks:

Edited by jjonahjameson11

On 6/23/2023 at 3:09 PM, Brian Peck said:

The exact same thing happened to me the month before. I sent a Ghost Rider page to HA and the artwork was never delivered. Last place it was scanned was the USPS facility in Texas just 20 minutes from HA. Still no sign of it.

Hi, Brian.

yes, this was the exact USPS facility from which the package was ‘on route’ to Heritage.

sorry to hear the same thing happened to you

Jeez sorry to hear. I sent 100+ pieces to ComicConnect in NYC last year and I was petrified of something similar happening and fought the urge to drive the pages in from Boston. As a practical matter, what happens now with Heritage? Do they pay you out on the appraised value you agreed to? 

On 6/23/2023 at 9:33 PM, Hockeyflow33 said:

Jeez sorry to hear. I sent 100+ pieces to ComicConnect in NYC last year and I was petrified of something similar happening and fought the urge to drive the pages in from Boston. As a practical matter, what happens now with Heritage? Do they pay you out on the appraised value you agreed to? 

I imagine this would all have to be covered under USPS insurance, Heritage never received the package.

On 6/23/2023 at 11:53 PM, Carl Elvis said:

I imagine this would all have to be covered under USPS insurance, Heritage never received the package.

Comic Connect mailed me a label and said it would be covered under their own shipping insurance for the agreed upon appraisal price. Just curious how that would play out in real life as you would assume these auction houses have solid relationships with the insurance companies. Dealing with USPS insurance has been a nightmare for low dollar amounts. 

On 6/24/2023 at 1:55 PM, Hockeyflow33 said:

Comic Connect mailed me a label and said it would be covered under their own shipping insurance for the agreed upon appraisal price. Just curious how that would play out in real life as you would assume these auction houses have solid relationships with the insurance companies. Dealing with USPS insurance has been a nightmare for low dollar amounts. 

From my understanding HA only covers if you ship fedex which for sad reasons like the above… again do not use usps for anything if value even if insured I have had to man loses on smaller items could not imagine using them for anything above 1k 

On 6/24/2023 at 8:42 PM, Dirtcheap31 said:

From my understanding HA only covers if you ship fedex which for sad reasons like the above… again do not use usps for anything if value even if insured I have had to man loses on smaller items could not imagine using them for anything above 1k 

I learned that lesson with the post office like 15 years ago when I sold someone a complete set of hockey goalie equipment on ebay and didn't insure the package. Sure enough, USPS "lost" a massive bag of equipment worth like $3k and basically told me oh well, you didn't insure it. 

You have to wonder whether this is happening for other non-OA consignments for HA.  It's sad to say, but I am completely off of USPS if I can avoid it.  Just had an Amazon purchase (Bose earbuds) disappear.  Seller filed a report. I filed a report.  Mail carrier swore that it was delivered.  This would involve a key to a box being placed in our specific, locked mailbox.  No recourse.  Amazon processed a refund (insured I guess).  5 weeks later, goes what shows up?

Also this" https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-postal-service-warning-checks-mail-fraud-theft/

At this point, sadly, you have to question the purpose and the utility of the mail system.