• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sad News...CGC Mike's mother has passed away
10 10

145 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2023 at 5:31 PM, CGC Mike said:

Thank you all so much for the kind words.  I really enjoyed reading them, and they are very much appreciated.  :smile:  

So sorry to hear this Mike. Our deepest prayers for your mom and for your family for comfort and peace. 

Mike,

I am certain I don't have the right words to comfort you at this time; words could never heal the pain and loss you are feeling.

I wish there was something I cojld say or do to make that pain go away or at least ease it, however, time may be the only "healing" possible.

Just know that many are thinking of you. many care deepy for you, and there are those too who are holding you up in their prayers; prayers for strength and healing.

May you find peace in this difficult time and may memories of your mother and her love fill your soul/

On 6/24/2023 at 5:31 PM, CGC Mike said:

Thank you all so much for the kind words.  I really enjoyed reading them, and they are very much appreciated.  :smile:  

So sorry to hear about the passing of your Mom, Mike. My thoughts are with you and your family and hope you're doing okay. 

So sorry to hear this, Mike. 

Don't be surprised if it hits you at weird moments. A few years ago my mother died in early November after a few months worth of hospital/rehab/hospital where she really wasn't there most of the time, so it wasn't a sudden thing. At Thanksgiving that year, I saw my wife making homemade pimento cheese for our family dinner, which my mother had always done. I didn't know my wife had asked her the year before how to make it (which was weird itself, as she doesn't really cook). I just lost it - and I don't even like pimento cheese.

I've been away, just seeing the news. Very sorry to hear that, Mike. It's a day we will all have to deal with at some point, and yet we hope it never comes. May her memory be a blessing to you. Take care.

I wanted to pass along my sympathy too. I lost my dad in 94’. The pain never goes away but I have memories, good ones, that remind me how lucky I was to be his son. 

I wish you good memories of times with mom. I’ll raise a glass to you both and say a prayer 

On 6/24/2023 at 8:31 PM, CGC Mike said:

Very sorry Mike.  I dread that day :(