• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 Awards/Registry Freeze Thread
5 5

139 posts in this topic

On 7/25/2023 at 3:00 PM, Yorick said:

I like Kevin Smith too.  Gimme Mallrats please.

That movie was impressionable enough to make it to the back cover picture in the registry of one of my ASM #134, doubles due to mark jeweler. Needed a special back cover picture for doubles as to not get monotonous in there lol

I figured Mary Jane and Peter on a boat ride for sites somehow transitioned to the Mall!  :banana:

Even Osborn thinking he's got the hook on old Peter Parker, was enough to see a sailboat with that back cover picture. But I feel for that guy, those images only worked as a kid for me, even with the pot 3d posters it never worked with those. I forget the science behind it.  :roflmao:

Screenshot_20230725-150827.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

To the point, I had start off the thread around my bday with salsa shark as the awards came sooner, I figured I'd create a motif, and as it warned into Monday I thought for sure we'd make it soon, even if we made it up ourselves lol

Here it is Tuesday and a bit drab, I had to hit rewind to be sure I hadn't become the grumpy gus!

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/25/2023 at 4:49 PM, ethanwa79 said:

Awesome! I love the write-up you guys did for mine (the Blade Runner one). Thank you so much.

Just FYI, the award certificate has not yet shown up for me to print. I'll keep checking this week but wanted you to be aware.

On 6/27/2023 at 2:07 PM, wytshus said:
On 6/25/2023 at 10:08 AM, Saucer said:

wish it was easier to find where to ask for new sets, but I'm old and not that good on a computer

also

Is it possible to have a comic removed from a set that may have been added by the admin, by accident? where would I request this?

There is a Set Add Request thread, however, it is currently locked.,

I will reopen the Set Add Request thread after the Awards:

IIs it possible to have a comic removed from a set that may have been added by the admin, by accident? where would I request this?

If you feel that a book doesn't belong in a particular set, post in this thread, which is also locked.  It will reopen July 21st:

Please keep in mind that my philosophy is:

If someone takes the time, money, and effort to certify their book at CGC, they should be able to add it to the Registry.

That doesn't necessarily mean that book should be competitive.  I am more than willing to mark sub variants, and other anomalies as non-competitive.... 

Non Competitive slots do not count towards the set completion percentage, and they only receive 1 point regardless of grade.  

@Saucer I wanted to quote your question from a month ago, that the answer is quoted with your question, although the threads that were locked "where you wanted books requested added or dropped "....

Well they're unlocked now and open to your posts to add dropped books. :cheers:

@ADAMANTIUM Too bad Clerks never mentioned Roadhouse! To be fair, when Clerks came out, Roadhouse was in that awkward phase where it wasn’t new and it wasn’t classic yet.

To everyone else reading this, Roadhouse is a recurring inside joke in a thread about Superman’s 90s mullet in the Copper section of the boards. 

Anyway, I’m not even supposed to be here today. 

P.S. Congratulations to the 2023 winners.