• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 Awards/Registry Freeze Thread
5 5

139 posts in this topic

On 7/7/2023 at 9:06 PM, wytshus said:

Final Picks have been made.  

Winners will be announced July 21st.  

Between now and then, I will be doing some much needed maintenance in the Collector's Society. 

I am looking forward to the official announcement. There was stiff competition this year.  I think this year's winners represent the very best the Comic Registry has to offer.    

Again, thank you to everyone that participated, and contributed their thoughts and time to the 2023 Registry Awards!

@CGC Mike Mike, it's not like wytshus to have missed this and he hasn't posted since the 7th. I know it's the weekend, but is everything ok? You usually announce the forumite winners at the same time.

• Administrator
On 7/23/2023 at 2:30 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

@CGC Mike Mike, it's not like wytshus to have missed this and he hasn't posted since the 7th. I know it's the weekend, but is everything ok? You usually announce the forumite winners at the same time.

I am guessing the announcement was pushed back by a business day.  Unfortunately, there is nobody I can contact today to verify this.  

On 7/23/2023 at 3:21 PM, grendel013 said:

This is my personal grail and nothing could be more satisfying!:banana:

Are you absolutely sure about that?  :whatthe:

Congrats!

Technical issues prevented the official announcement on Friday.

This issue has been resolved, and we are expecting the official announcement sometime today.

Again, i am very sorry for the delay.  

On 7/24/2023 at 2:12 PM, wytshus said:

Technical issues prevented the official announcement on Friday.

This issue has been resolved, and we are expecting the official announcement sometime today.

Again, i am very sorry for the delay.  

That'll teach you to have a day off, wytshsus :bigsmile:

On 7/24/2023 at 7:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

One announcement, ahem, announced today and so far, and yet, not the announcement were looking for lol

Indeed. It's not the end of the world of course, but CGC really know how to destroy value, don't they. I feel like I attended The Oscars ceremony four days ago and still don't know who won. Oh, hang on, just saw Al Pacino in the toilet. He got best supporting actor. 

On 7/24/2023 at 2:50 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Indeed. It's not the end of the world of course, but CGC really know how to destroy value, don't they. I feel like I attended The Oscars ceremony four days ago and still don't know who won. Oh, hang on, just saw Al Pacino in the toilet. He got best supporting actor. 

I did not win anything and no one told me, so I celebrated. :facepalm:

On 7/24/2023 at 7:53 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I don't slab anything so I don't even know why I'm here :p

On 7/24/2023 at 1:50 PM, Get Marwood & I said:
On 7/24/2023 at 1:39 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

One announcement, ahem, announced today and so far, and yet, not the announcement were looking for lol

lol ya not the end of the world to be sure!

Just trying to keep it light hearted and fresh in the minds, hopefully to stir some excitement when we see a full list of winners :) 

On 7/24/2023 at 1:54 PM, Get Marwood & I said:
On 7/24/2023 at 1:53 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

I don't slab anything so I don't even know why I'm here 

I will still enjoy the celebration of others. I've tried looking at sets, but have my "own criteria" with which I search, namely pics of the slabs. A lot of people DO tend to have a high percentage of completion with pics though :) 

I'm still getting used to looking and seeing a lot of #1 slots for multiple years, but the "awards" can only pic a few. Maybe 10 per year out of 20 years, compared to how many #1 sets are out there! :ohnoez: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/24/2023 at 2:54 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I don't slab anything so I don't even know why I'm here :p

I love it!

On 7/24/2023 at 7:57 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol ya not the end of the world to be sure, just trying to keep it light hearted and fresh in the minds, hopefully to stir some at a full list of winners :) 

I'm interested to see who the FsOTY are. I mean, me and you have won it in the past so surely they've reached the bottom of the barrel now? Maybe that's what's holding it up Mark. They've run out of candidates.