• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trouble with Comiclink Website?
10 10

266 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2023 at 6:08 PM, wiparker824 said:

Yeah but they have a Insta, Facebook and Twitter they actively post on. It’s not like those are down. People are getting at them on their last FB post which was yesterday before the outage. There’s really no excuse for a public company to go radio silent in this day and age.

Agree 100%

-bc

On 8/2/2023 at 1:54 PM, frank_newman said:

Recently Heritage froze for about a half-hour, and then just started up again.

Did anybody have trouble with Heritage last night?  I left a couple of pages up in my browser and it seemed like one of the HA.com pages had reloaded to a "we cannot tell if you are human page" this morning.  It was similar in context to the pages ComicLink was loading for me before it went down.

On 8/2/2023 at 3:01 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

This has happened several times in the past and you’d think they would have at least learned how to provide communications updates by now.  Just brutal!

You can probably communicate on Facebook, etc to at least give us an update as to what has happened. Most certainly gives HA and CC a big edge over them.....

On 8/2/2023 at 5:34 PM, Mmehdy said:

You can probably communicate on Facebook, etc to at least give us an update as to what has happened. Most certainly gives HA and CC a big edge over them.....

Emails to individuals in comiclink are working but they may be unable to retrieve/use their customer wide email notification system. I got a response that they are still actively working on the issue and will resume the auction once the site is back online. I've asked them to please send out a mass notification once the site is back online and when they plan to resume the auction before resuming.  Hopefully it'll be more than an hours notice.

On 8/2/2023 at 5:14 PM, Chaz G. said:

was winning an auction that's supposed to end on Friday night. If they're back up and running by tomorrow or Friday AM, curious to see if they're gonna keep it going or scrap it and start over.

Guessing they’ll add time to the auction before they scrap it. That would seem only likely in a complete data loss scenario IMO.

At this point I'm guessing, totally speculating here, it's a catastrophic data loss or ransomeware as a DoS could have been mitigated by now. In either scenario they're probably trying to decide what their best options to get back up and running are:

1. Rebuild their entire auction from scratch and restart the auction

2. Continue to try and recover the site and data/pay the ransome to decrypt their drives/work with the fbi

3. Cancel the auction and relaunch when their site is recovered/rebuilt.

On 8/3/2023 at 7:30 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Sorry if it has already been mentioned and I missed it, but has anyone tried ringing them?

I read on their Facebook page that they aren't answering the phones either.

If this is a ransomware issue, the feds might have asked them to stay quiet while they figure out the next steps. That's they only reason I can think why they'd make no public statements in 72 hours. 2c

On 8/3/2023 at 10:50 AM, Mijael.Levy said:

One of my books that finished in the monday auction sold for a ridicoulus amount. I just contacted them to ask if they are also repeating that auction

Presuming it was bad ridiculous? 

On 8/2/2023 at 6:08 PM, wiparker824 said:

Yeah but they have a Insta, Facebook and Twitter they actively post on. It’s not like those are down. People are getting at them on their last FB post which was yesterday before the outage. There’s really no excuse for a public company to go radio silent in this day and age.

I was on Facebook about an hour ago typing a reply to that post.  It was all comments about the outage and Comiclink's lack of communication.  While I was typing an error popped up that I was not authorized to comment.  Refreshed and see that they locked the post and deleted all the comments (except 2 for some reason).  

And I won an auction last Thursday, was invoiced and paid immediately.  Charge to my credit card posted but otherwise no communication from Comiclink since then.

Not a good look for them.  This is inexcusable for a competent, professional IT staff and infrastructure.  And I've always hated their awful website.  So maybe some good will come of this...