• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vaulted Labels
3 3

97 posts in this topic

On 9/26/2023 at 5:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Speaking of which, is there a place for a list of retired labels? 

The dustbin? :shy:

On 9/26/2023 at 5:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm curious to see how far back they go, and if the Stan label is there because I know there were 2 official editions: 1 for his website at the time, which was even 'more limited". :insane:and then one in "general availability" directly from CGC...

There wouldn't even be a Stan Lee label if it wasn't for Jack Kirby and....

On 9/26/2023 at 11:20 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Speaking of which, is there a place for a list of retired labels? 

I'm curious to see how far back they go, and if the Stan label is there because I know there were 2 official editions: 1 for his website at the time, which was even 'more limited". :insane:and then one in "general availability" directly from CGC...

:shy: I think that google finds enough threads for now... thanks though :)

On 9/26/2023 at 11:52 AM, Sigur Ros said:

I know you're just trying to end his arguing, but I read what you wrote and understood it  👍

I agree cgc labels are a strange thing to place any sort of value on....and I also agree you weren't telling others what to do.

Then why are you on a CGC message forum when you don’t believe in the CGC label product?

Seems like a weird place to be when you don’t support the products they create. 

I also understood you were against labels with your sarcasm. Your disrespect wasn’t lost. 

On 9/26/2023 at 10:09 AM, Sigur Ros said:

If my AF15 had a retired label and they unretired it, I'd be fuming too.

Because, as we all know, the real value is in the label.

On 9/26/2023 at 11:33 AM, Juno Beach said:

I think the problem is somebody doesn't understand what a vault is. They can be locked then opened again...(shrug)

True enough, but I haven't seen the "vault" term used in much advertising, as opposed to "limited edition labels.". :cheers:

I could be reading it wrong. I don't really keep up with them. I've bought them, as it was what was affordable though 😂

On 9/26/2023 at 3:19 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Spot on. And boy do we have some members here :)

Oh good thing you quoted Lazyboy, otherwise I wouldn’t have read what they wrote, considering they’ve been blocked for a long time. 

Some member, can’t acknowledge the company that brought people together.

I always find myself defending CGC on these boards from a vocal minority that feel compelled to trash the company and their decisions on virtually all threads.

It’s sad to see how a company goes out of its way to create and monitor a message board, specifically to help create a community, only to help develop a vocal minority constantly hack and trash them with their toxic attitudes.

On 9/26/2023 at 3:06 PM, Lazyboy said:

???

Some people are here because they blindly love CGC.

Some people are here because they like and use CGC, but still have problems with some of the stupid things they do.

Some people are just here because this is the best comic book message board (because of the members, not the company).

I’m here because I was looking for crazy Guyanese chicks. But comics are fun too, I guess.

On 9/26/2023 at 9:43 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

True enough, but I haven't seen the "vault" term used in much advertising, as opposed to "limited edition labels.". :cheers:

I could be reading it wrong. I don't really keep up with them. I've bought them, as it was what was affordable though 😂

Disney is the only other company that I can think of that used the term "vault". They experienced the same complaints when they re-released videos from the vault decades later. Some people thought vault meant retired permanently, I guess. 

Edited by Juno Beach
quotes

On 9/26/2023 at 12:43 PM, D2 said:

Then why are you on a CGC message forum when you don’t believe in the CGC label product?

Okay, let me make sure I got this.  According to you....

Not finding value in custom labels means I shouldn't be on the forum?   

Weren't you the guy whining about someone telling people what to collect... when he wasn't ?

On 9/26/2023 at 12:43 PM, D2 said:

I also understood you were against labels with your sarcasm.

FYI, I don't care what you understood.

On 9/26/2023 at 6:48 AM, Magmar said:

A while back CGC came out with the really cool concept of adding artwork to labels.

They then created demand by 'vaulting labels'  so if you were lucky and got your book graded while a label was available it felt 'special'

They just announced they are un-vaulting the NY spiderman label

WHY?>????

This totally takes away from the whole idea of vaulting in the first place -   graded slabs with a highly sought after label were desirable - now it no longer matters - you might as well just not vault anything and have a 100+ to choose from on a drop down

Bad decision to un-vault -   period.  Keep things rare and keep the feeling that you had special labelled slabs -   design new labels instead -  do not un-vault any additional labels - please.

You know, if this is the worst thing that happened to you this month, I would say that you have had a pretty good month.

On 9/26/2023 at 11:43 AM, D2 said:

Seems like a weird place to be when you don’t support the products they create. 

I also understood you were against labels with your sarcasm. Your disrespect wasn’t lost. 

He, and I, use this forum because we are interested in CGC services. I can't speak for the original poster, but the labels are not important to me, and they never will be.

You know, if I didn't know any better, I would think that you are telling other people what to do.