• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay sellers getting cranky.
5 5

83 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2023 at 11:40 AM, lostboys said:

This morning I bought a book from a seller. 10 minutes later I found another book in his store. A total impulse buy. I message him asking him to combine shipping and refund the difference...IF POSSIBLE.

I didnt demand. I asked politely. I wouldnt even have cared if he refused.

Then I get the refund along with a rude message, went something like: "We ship by invoice and dont combine invoices. Dont just assume you know how we do business here."

:roflmao:Dont worry boss, you just lost me as a future customer.

Just now, with a different seller, I made a $50 offer on a $59 book listed as "or best offer"

The seller declines (fine) and then messages me with a lecture about how hes trying to feed his family and Ebay takes 15% and he has to pay shipping insurance yadda yadda yadda. He then tells me to come back for the book when I get my finances in order.

:facepalm: What in tarnation? 

:facepalm:

On 10/31/2023 at 6:30 PM, Patriot6 said:

I have had this happen before. It really irks me when people get pissy about an offer on something THEY allowed offers on. If you don't want to take offers, then don't use the function! EBAy should force a minimum offer acceptance amount when you select that option.

Sometimes they don't know their listings have Best Offer enabled. EBay slips it into the listing flow unilaterally, and it's a small check box. You have to be cognizant of this heavy handed tactic, and remove the check mark.

Not everyone is aware of it, until someone mentions it. They think you are offering uninvited. When you tell them many of their listings have Best Offer, they are frequently surprised to see it there. 

On 10/31/2023 at 6:10 PM, Lightning55 said:

Sometimes they don't know their listings have Best Offer enabled. EBay slips it into the listing flow unilaterally, and it's a small check box. You have to be cognizant of this heavy handed tactic, and remove the check mark.

Not everyone is aware of it, until someone mentions it. They think you are offering uninvited. When you tell them many of their listings have Best Offer, they are frequently surprised to see it there. 

You're right. I've had this happen. I just got going there haha. 

On 10/31/2023 at 2:40 PM, lostboys said:

This morning I bought a book from a seller. 10 minutes later I found another book in his store. A total impulse buy. I message him asking him to combine shipping and refund the difference...IF POSSIBLE.

I didnt demand. I asked politely. I wouldnt even have cared if he refused.

Then I get the refund along with a rude message, went something like: "We ship by invoice and dont combine invoices. Dont just assume you know how we do business here."

:roflmao:Dont worry boss, you just lost me as a future customer.

Just now, with a different seller, I made a $50 offer on a $59 book listed as "or best offer"

The seller declines (fine) and then messages me with a lecture about how hes trying to feed his family and Ebay takes 15% and he has to pay shipping insurance yadda yadda yadda. He then tells me to come back for the book when I get my finances in order.

:facepalm: What in tarnation? 

out them.  I'll give them an offer 

Same with a few eBay buyers.

Especially two recent ones who bought books and then sent a message EVERY DAY until their books arrived, asking, "When am I going to get my book?"

These were books shipped the next day via USPS Priority, so they had tracking and got the books a week after purchase. 

I was polite but really wanted to say GO TAKE YOUR RITALIN! :pullhair: