• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,340 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2024 at 6:39 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Why hasn't anyone affected by this nominated him to the Hall of Shame list?  Yes, a lot of people in here already know not to do business with him, but there are going to be a lot of people in here that don't (not everyone on the forum reads every thread....or even visits Comics General).  

CGC Mike has already verified that the Hero Restoration account in here is still valid and has no posting restrictions......which means he could PM members that might not be aware of all of this and could still soliciit business from them.  At least being added to the list would be one more layer of protection that someone might check before doing business with someone in here. 

Even those who have received their unfinished books back could still nominate him if the original payment for services wasn't refunded....and I'm sure the 30-day waiting period to nominate someone to the list has already passed for all of those affected.

Here's what someone who has suffered a loss in this mess can do to get him added to the list:

• Start a thread in the Marketplace Probations section here with the title of "Nominating Hero Restoration for the Hall of Shame".  In the first post, outline as completely as possible the circumstances surrounding the transaction, including all relevant details and dates if you have them.  I would also include a link to this thread we're currently posting in to help flesh out what all is transpiring.
  • Immediately send a private message to Hero Restoration (link to his profile) letting him know he's being nominated and provide him with a link to the nomination thread you started.
  • The accused will then have 72 hours to respond in that thread and present his side of the matter.
  • After the 72 hour period, start a new thread titled "Poll to add Hero Restoration the the Hall of Shame".  Include a poll in the first post giving people two choices, to either add him to the Hall of Shame or not.  Set the poll to end in 7 days, and the results at the end will determine what happens.

I don't recall a requirement in the HOS rules that has to be one of the aggrieved parties to start a HOS poll.  

Looking through the Probation/HOS threads I see that you started the HOS poll and did the write-up for Dylanthekid even though I don't see anything in the write-up that indicates you were one of the affected parties.  Looks like the events in question involved Polonsky.  I also see that Buzz did the poll/write-up for Shoomanfoo even though Catwomancomics was the member who was the one affected.

I'm not nominating either one of you to do it.  I understand it's a lot of work, and I'm sure trying to figure out a coherent, logical and succinct way of summarizing this dumpster-fire-train-wreck is probably daunting.  

I'm just saying that I've seen more than one person raise the question of a HOS poll and looking at the rules I don't see any reason why anyone who feels strongly about it has to wait for any of the affected parties to step up and do it.

I can understand why those affected would probably be focusing their time and energy on either trying to get their books back or pursue legal action and wouldn't fault them for that.

On 1/18/2024 at 2:11 PM, wiparker824 said:

Have we considered the possibility Flake Tapper, new account, isn’t Mike claiming to be someone taking legal action to get victims to “sign up” with him for “legal action” that isn’t actually happening just so that they don’t pursue legal action of their own? Just a thought…

My first thought was Mike coming in to get a list of who is aware of the situation and wanting to take action and then putting together a list of "do not sell" books. All others are fair game. 

On 1/17/2024 at 9:49 PM, Domo Arigato said:

In short......a few of us know what it is......you now know that only a few of us know what it is......but those few aren't going to tell you what it is.

Somebody should start a poll to see how many people know what it is.

On 1/19/2024 at 4:45 PM, Domo Arigato said:

I'm going to make one reply on this matter.

Here is the applicable rule (it was buried in the first section of the first rule):

1) The 30-Day Rule

a) If a transaction between board members is not completed within 30 days, the offended party may submit the offender's name for inclusion to the HOS/Probation List (hereafter called the PL)

The reason that myself and Buzz have occasionally done it, is because the offended party has asked for our help and endorsed the nomiation.  This particular "loophole" isn't written into the rules.....however, the precedent was set before I posted that nomination thread.  This was addressed somewhere in the Dylanthekid nomination when someone else brought this same matter up in there.  And, as I've stated numerous times in this forum, I will not be doing it again for this reason.  It just adds a complication that's not needed, and there are too many opinions in here on matters like this.....every opinion is different......and everyone with an opinion thinks theirs is right (this is a general statement and isn't directed specifically at you). 

Having someone else do the nomination isn't going to save an offended party any time or energy.  They would still have to put the information together regarding their transaction and forward it to the person making the thread.  Tens (hundred?) of thousands of dollars have been lost by collectors.  If nobody that's lost money/books can find the time or energy to nominate him as a warning to other collectors, then so be it.

Yup.  If you don't care then why should I care?  I did it because I was asked.  If one of the offended parties wants me to write another one up, sure, but all you have to do is reach out. 

On 1/19/2024 at 9:38 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Looks like it’s time for @Domo Arigato to do what he does best….

Start a poll :baiting:

On 1/19/2024 at 4:16 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

You still haven't made yours (link). :baiting: