• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,357 posts in this topic

So before going all full force on this, I actually DM'd Mike D.'s account yesterday.  I didn't expect a reply, but I figured it would not cost me anything, and if anyone asks, I made the effort (above and beyond emailing him, calling, texting etc. several times which all went unanswered.)  Last I heard from them was Jackie just over 11 months ago, aside from automated responses.  Here's one of many emails sent:

ACg8ocLfzSv5tvks0037Xh7AfkjgmXAkAK3CTzI8av6p0gMhG4I=s40-p <-(Hey that's me!)

GH <garyhansonjr@gmail.com>

Sun, Aug 27, 2023, 7:15 PM

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to contact, Mike
cleardot.gif

Mike,

I understand from my research you are going through some health issues.  I hope all is well.  

Looking for 2 things.  1) Status of my ASM 129, and 2) Are you working on restoration removal still?  I have an Avengers 57 with very minor restoration (slight b-1) minor color touch.  I've looked at it under a black light and I see 2 small spots showing up.  I'm wondering if a good 'non-restorative' cleaning will get it off.  

Hope you are doing well.

Thanks!

Gary Hanson
Edited by GaryHanson

On 3/7/2024 at 5:20 PM, Dr. Balls said:

There is also a whole different locked thread where Mike completely imploded - that’s got the real good stuff in it. 

Can't say that without posting a link!

On 3/7/2024 at 2:15 PM, GaryHanson said:

I can confirm that Cantina201 / and Flake Tapper (Randy) are associated, but not the same person. 

So it's just coincidental that Flake's email address is Cantina's name?

What are the odds of that??

Screenshot_20240307_180905_Chrome~2.jpg

On 3/8/2024 at 12:47 AM, flchris said:

Why is there a user named "Cantina201" that's separate from a "Flake Tapper" whose gmail address is "cantina201"? "Flake" even defends "Cantina201" as if separate in this thread (on page 47). (Cantina started this thread btw fwiw)

Quite possibly we are business partners. 

On 3/7/2024 at 8:48 PM, KCOComics said:

You've done nothing but play games, dodge questions and act shady since day 1. 

You and your "business partner" joined on the same day. You had the same, strange, motivation to get people to video chat with you. 

You have disclosed nothing. No plan, no approach.  I don't trust anything you say.

We are dealing with a person in Mike who has proven he would go to great lengths, to lie, steal and cheat people....and now you have 2 IDs who are obviously the same person and he's pretending to have a business partner, who also gets books pressed by Hero and has a vested interest in getting people's personal information and to video chat.   

Ambulance chasing on the CGC message boards. Times must be tough.

On 3/7/2024 at 5:48 PM, KCOComics said:

You've done nothing but play games, dodge questions and act shady since day 1. 

You and your "business partner" joined on the same day. You had the same, strange, motivation to get people to video chat with you. 

You have disclosed nothing. No plan, no approach.  I don't trust anything you say.

We are dealing with a person in Mike who has proven he would go to great lengths, to lie, steal and cheat people....and now you have 2 IDs who are obviously the same person and he's pretending to have a business partner, who also gets books pressed by Hero and has a vested interest in getting people's personal information and to video chat.   

The thing is, it couldn't be Mike because all this thread did was further galvanize the community against Mike/HR.  It's wild to me that amongst the HR scandal, we've got some further muddying of the waters by someone posting with multiple accounts for whatever purposes.

On 3/7/2024 at 4:44 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

sawing in half trick | Magician Australia

:whatthe:

Funny. Initially I wrote, I met with “them” but then realized Flake was not on the call so was trying to be transparent.  I don’t know them (Flake and Cantina) and can’t vouch for them, but they were honest about being associates and that Flake works for Cantina. I really think he (Cantina)is jjust another collector that got screwed over by Mike and is unsure what to do or who to trust.  Personally, I was giving Mike the benefit of the doubt until I found my book was sold. Hopefully I’ve provided enough proof and been a member long enough to have some level of trust. But then again Mike was on for a loooong time and destroyed all levels of trust. I’m a principled person and this whole mess really rubs me the wrong way. Hoping some good can come of it. See you at 1/2 time. :)

Also to all the haters of Flake and Catalina. I think this is really just taking focus off of the issue at hand. Many people got screwed over by Mike D and Hero R and are looking for answers. At this point I doubt Mike has the time or energy to “work the boards” and what difference would it make? He’s basically done. At this point I’m just hoping we can help some people. I’m sure there are many more out there that don’t follow these boards and sent books they’re never getting back. 

On 3/7/2024 at 5:20 PM, Dr. Balls said:

There is also a whole different locked thread where Mike completely imploded - that’s got the real good stuff in it. 

Thats part of the problem here. Once that was Locked the communication stopped. I had no idea what was going on and how bad it got until I found this new thread. 

On 3/7/2024 at 6:12 PM, Sigur Ros said:

So it's just coincidental that Flake's email address is Cantina's name?

What are the odds of that??

Screenshot_20240307_180905_Chrome~2.jpg

So yeah. I met with Catalina but Flake was not on the call. Flake apparently works for Catalina and has access to his email. As I’m writing this it sounds odd to me too. But honestly I don’t care. I still want to focus on Mike D / HR and figuring out what we can do if anything. I mean this seems to be a massive crime and we can’t do anything?  It’s ridiculous. 

Catalina and Flake.  Has a kind of Starsky and Hutch, Cagney and Lacy, Abbott and Costello kind of vibe.

Continued good luck to all those having had their comics stolen getting satisfactory and fair resolution, in the form of the books being returned or receiving compensation in full for their value.

Edited by namisgr

On 3/8/2024 at 12:31 PM, GaryHanson said:

So yeah. I met with Catalina but Flake was not on the call. Flake apparently works for Catalina and has access to his email. As I’m writing this it sounds odd to me too. But honestly I don’t care. I still want to focus on Mike D / HR and figuring out what we can do if anything. I mean this seems to be a massive crime and we can’t do anything?  It’s ridiculous. 

Yes...it's me, Randy.  I created the flaketapper@gmail.com account because I didn't want Mike to know who we are at the time.  Mike knows the cantina address.   But now that we are finally getting things moving it's irrelevant. 

And I'll say it again,  for those of you who think this is a game, stay out of the thread and move on.  Your childish, snarky comments don't help those out who lost huge books and a lot of money.