• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,315 posts in this topic

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has heard about Hero Restoration.  I assume reading the old CGC threads and seeing his website, thanking folks for the last 13 years they are filing insolvency.  However,  I got an email earlier from Mike that he would be able to finish my comics this fall and then a more recent email that he needs to send my books back.  I asked him to hop on a call to discuss and he didnt reply.  Anyone know whats going on?  

Thanks

P.S. Mike I'm sorry if you are seeing this in the public I just want to know what is going on and havent heard from you, so I didnt know what else to do.  This isn't an attempt to shame you, I just really want to know what is going on as I heard you were filing for bankruptcy and just worried my books will be lost in the process. 

The last I heard (September) Mike was returning all books that were never worked on with a letter stating the permanent closure of HR (keeping the money). 

I don't believe anyone will have first hand information that they can disclose currently, but the initial settlement push was to have Mike inventory, detail any unfinished process, and return all books to their owners. I was not party to any mediation prior to the very serious push to litigate in August so am unsure if anything actually moved forward in the courts.

He has not been on since July after I pointed out several aspects of his ethics that were questionable.

If he had written me, "You are a total person_without_empathy", I might have replied, "Maybe.  But what I am not, is an inept crook. Best advice I took was from someone who advised me not to do business with you."

Of course... that's "if" he emailed me. 

On 11/6/2023 at 8:54 AM, DougC said:

A letter stating the permanent closure of HR (keeping the money). 

I don't believe anyone will have first hand information that they can disclose currently, but the initial settlement push was to have Mike inventory, detail any unfinished process, and return all books to their owners. I was not party to any mediation prior to the very serious push to litigate in August so am unsure if anything actually moved forward in the courts.

I read all posts from the previous thread and now here.

It's a terrible move that cost everyone time and money included the owner.  To anyone who have suffered for the unnecessary lengthy time, I am sorry that you have to deal this whole ordeal.

If it has to do with personal checks, you may have a chance to cancel the check if you can validate it. If you are using the credit card, you can dispute the charge.  I hope it works.  If I were you, first, my books must be received in the same condition then I will either cancel the check or put a dispute on CC.  What he did to you  is unfair and unjustified.

Speaking of the court, it's not worthy to go to the court.  Too much bloodsucking money.  I don't think the owner will live that long.

On 11/7/2023 at 7:21 PM, thehumantorch said:
On 11/6/2023 at 6:44 PM, bc said:

My girlfriends dog just ate all my baby chickens. I am offline until further notice."

-bc

To be fair if a dog ate all my baby chickens I'd be offline

dogeatschicken.jpg

Best I've learned from being in the country? If your dog ate chickens? Your dog would have to "go offline" too!  :sorry:

But maybe that was the point to your statement.... :fear:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I sent ( mike dechellis- hero restoration) him a very expensive book and money.  I tried to call and the number was disconnected.  I emailed him and got an automatic reply that said "To busy to reply to emails right now, if you are waiting on me, it should not be too much longer.

I spoke with this guy before I sent the books and he sounded very knowledgeable and legit.  This is a real nightmare.  If anyone received their books, please let us all know.