• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
27 27

1,919 posts in this topic

I wonder if he hired the thugs that tried to sell the books here in Wa and that's part of the racketeering charge. Those guys apparently were arrested and convicted on separate charges ..maybe they ratted him out. 

Edited by Ed Hanes

On 8/16/2024 at 7:59 PM, Ed Hanes said:

I wonder if he hired the thugs that tried to sell the books here in Wa and that's part of the racketeering charge. Those guys apparently were arrested and convicted on separate charges ..maybe they ratted him out. 

Well it is interesting. There was another person who contacted me saying they had info. I passed that on to the detective. I had heard Mike was a ghost before that. A few weeks later this happened. So… could be 

On 8/16/2024 at 6:46 PM, revat said:

article says 19 people contacted the local sheriff as possible victims.  From reading this thread it feels like there's probably more than 19 victims totaling.  So if you've been waiting to see if it was real or if the police was really going to do something, or have delayed reporting for any other reason (no judgment here), I'd contact them ASAP if you haven't already.  

Ideally, gather all the evidence (messages, invoices, emails, screenshots, bank statements/checks, comic pictures, receipts, mailing info/documents, insurance info/claims) you have and layout a written narrative and timeline, so the police/DA don't have to keep going back and forth with you asking you obvious things.  Think of what info you might need if you were an investigator and try to answer those questions factually (not emotionally).  Do not assume the cops/prosecutors know anything about comics, so tell the specifics about the missing comics (tell them title, issue, year, publisher, any identifying marks or defects, maybe even some characters/structures on the cover if applicable).  You might think anyone can identify Amazing Fantasy 15, but honestly to some people all comics look the same.  Tell them spiderman is swinging in the middle of the cover holding a dude under his arm (or whatever).  Help make the job easier for them it will make it easier for them to help you.

Best wishes to all.

Thanks Revat. To add to this if anyone needs the detective’s info feel free to DM me. 

On 8/16/2024 at 10:33 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Ridiculous, the mongering for followers and such with this YouTube "influencer" garbage as soon as news breaks. Yeah, put your face on the preview image like you're really concerned.

Right. Where were they 6 months ago?

On 8/16/2024 at 10:39 PM, Neo "The One" said:

They didn't think there was any money in it back then. 1,000 generated ad views on YouTube = $18

On 8/16/2024 at 9:41 PM, Chip Cataldo said:
On 8/16/2024 at 9:39 PM, Neo "The One" said:

They didn't think there was any money in it back then. 1,000 generated ad views on YouTube = $18

Lol I didn't watch the vid, but wondered if they offered any info from the thread, you know to insinuate they hadn't heard of it today only..... I'm sure the end result gets the notifications though as stated.

I'd admire it more for 2 cents if they mentioned the thread, the detective, and who to reach out too? Sigh

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/16/2024 at 11:26 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I didn't watch the vid, but wondered if they offered any info from the thread, you know to insinuate they hadn't heard of it today only..... I'm sure the end result gets the notifications though as stated.

I'd admire it more for 2 cents if they mentioned the thread, the detective, and who to reach out too? Sigh

Alas, I did watch the video and it amounted to little more than just re-reading a news article out and then reading a few of Kenny's instagram posts....it didn't at all offer any information from the threads or really put it all in context for those people who are hearing this for the first time.