• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2024 CGC Grading Contest Season 3 Winter Edition (#9) Round 2
11 11

203 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 2/1/2024 at 8:31 AM, 1Cool said:

Grades recorded.  I don't like the three stooges emoji that he sent me :(  Some reason it makes me paranoid.

I am sorry that you are bothered by it.  The emoji's meaning is kid around or wise guy.  At the beginning of each round, I choose emojis based on grade ranges for that round.  However, if it upsets people, I will refrain from using it.     

On 2/1/2024 at 8:50 AM, CGC Mike said:

I am sorry that you are bothered by it.  The emoji's meaning is kid around or wise guy.  At the beginning of each round, I choose emojis based on grade ranges for that round.  However, if it upsets people, I will refrain from using it.     

Just kidding around.  I do get good anxiety with these grading contest but your emoji is enjoyable to see what you come up with. 

On 2/1/2024 at 8:32 AM, 1Cool said:
On 2/1/2024 at 7:50 AM, CGC Mike said:

Just kidding around.  I do get good anxiety with these grading contest but your emoji is enjoyable to see what you come up with. 

:makepoint: 

I enjoy trying to read the tea leaves behind Mike’s emoji response. It’s interesting to know he does pick them based on what our grades were. I would’ve been disappointed if he said they were utterly random.

For the record, I also got the Stooges. 

Grading these five books took me very little time. I’m terrified by that.

• Administrator
On 2/1/2024 at 9:32 AM, 1Cool said:

Glad to hear it.  :smile:  

On 2/1/2024 at 11:17 AM, CGC Mike said:
On 2/1/2024 at 8:32 AM, 1Cool said:

Glad to hear it.  :smile:  

:foryou:

On 2/1/2024 at 11:31 PM, 1Cool said:

Grades recorded.  I don't like the three stooges emoji that he sent me :(  Some reason it makes me paranoid.

I got one of those too. Is it better or worse than a 4 leaf clover? I hate trying to interpret these things. I'd do better with Egyptian hieroglyphs. 

For round 1, I got this: :manhero: . My score was 5, with one bulls-eye. That looked pretty good to me until I saw how many others got the same grade or less. For round 2, I got :kidaround:. That makes me worry that I did badly or seriously compromised what was a good start. We'll see.

On 2/1/2024 at 6:12 PM, paqart said:

For round 1, I got this: :manhero: . My score was 5, with one bulls-eye. That looked pretty good to me until I saw how many others got the same grade or less. For round 2, I got :kidaround:. That makes me worry that I did badly or seriously compromised what was a good start. We'll see.

Don’t worry it sounds like all got the same emoji so we are all in the same boat.