• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Files Lawsuit Against Employees
30 30

667 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2024 at 9:54 AM, shadroch said:

"The buck stops here."    A simple philosophy every good leader understands.

Very true. But it appears he's got a few of those bucks laying on his desk collecting dust, because we have seen more problems than solutions coming out of the CGC brand for well over a year.

I don't get the people who see CGC as the primary bad actor in this drama as opposed to the actual scam artist criminals who hacked the system. 

YES... CGC should have been more diligent. YES... the system was flawed. YES, CGC needs to fix processes. YES, CGC should make victims whole. 

But blaming and lashing out at them more than the actual criminals is just :screwy:  It's like blaming a poorly trained bank guard for a heist rather then the perpetrators.

On 3/9/2024 at 8:33 PM, DougC said:

image.png.868e648b0bc4f582baf037561006ff0c.png

Yeah; everyone has already agreed that CGC completely failed and you copy/pasting a poorly formatted statement doesn't help further... but what I want to know is: As a brand new forum member how did you find out how to block profile views? and why did you select that option?

Just coming here to post this and you beat me to it. You're a pretty sharp cookie, @DougC

On 3/11/2024 at 9:02 AM, Mr. Zipper said:

I don't get the people who see CGC as the primary bad actor in this drama as opposed to the actual scam artist criminals who hacked the system. 

YES... CGC should have been more diligent. YES... the system was flawed. YES, CGC needs to fix processes. YES, CGC should make victims whole

But blaming and lashing out at them more than the actual criminals is just :screwy:  It's like blaming a poorly trained bank guard for a heist rather then the perpetrators.

Would it change your opinion at all if that person posting is an impacted victim? We have already had someone post on the boards about being asked to surrender books, one which will be treated "differently" because it's not on the impacted list, with no discussion on compensation. Is it that much of a leap for anyone here to understand that this manner of keeping people in suspense, and surrendering property, with no compensaton may only heighten grievances and hostility from those who wanted no part of this, but are being dragged into something that is being so poorly handled?

Not to mention that many of us found ourselves parroting what turned out to be double-speak and falsehoods to make it appear people were going to be treated fairly and they aren't. To say nothing of the way people lurking and realizing how newly created accounts are going to be handled with suspicion are deciding to skip the hassle and are going to find their own remedies in dumping problem books. Between talk of settlements, and the continuing fact pattern of idle inaction from the party that should have made an example of the alleged bad actors, I know I've seen all I need to see from here to know what I need to do. 

Edited by comicwiz

On 3/11/2024 at 8:02 AM, Mr. Zipper said:

YES... CGC should have been more diligent. YES... the system was flawed. YES, CGC needs to fix processes. YES, CGC should make victims whole. 

Well, yes actually I would. I know there are criminals, it's one of the reasons banks came into existence in the first place. If I entrust the bank with my money and find out they are run so poorly that their own employees stole my money you can bet I'd hold them primarily responsible. I didn't put the money there to eliminate criminality, I put it there to protect it from criminals.