• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Luxury storage" for books - any suggestions?
1 1

13 posts in this topic

I wouldn't be coming to this forum if I wasn't a long term boardie, and desperate for options.  In short, I no longer have space to store my books in my residence due to growing family needs.  Is anyone aware of any luxury storage places that can vault high end books anywhere in the US?  The only place I am familiar with is UOVO Art, and after touring their facility in San Francisco, I was not impressed.  They simply cater to an art audience and do not have an adequate facility for collectibles.  Outside of luxury car storage options, I am not finding any facilities that cater to high value collectibles and the like.  Any suggestions welcome and greatly appreciated.  Basically need a space that can accommodate the equivalent of 10 long boxes under the highest security.  If I could put a safe in my residence I would but I simply can't.  Thanks

On 3/13/2024 at 1:31 PM, atomised said:

I wouldn't be coming to this forum if I wasn't a long term boardie, and desperate for options.  In short, I no longer have space to store my books in my residence due to growing family needs.  Is anyone aware of any luxury storage places that can vault high end books anywhere in the US?  The only place I am familiar with is UOVO Art, and after touring their facility in San Francisco, I was not impressed.  They simply cater to an art audience and do not have an adequate facility for collectibles.  Outside of luxury car storage options, I am not finding any facilities that cater to high value collectibles and the like.  Any suggestions welcome and greatly appreciated.  Basically need a space that can accommodate the equivalent of 10 long boxes under the highest security.  If I could put a safe in my residence I would but I simply can't.  Thanks

No joke, consider putting them under your bed even if you need to commission a carpenter to help with some custom cabinetry. There are bedstands online that offer more clearance and sometimes forego a traditional box spring.  2c

On 3/13/2024 at 11:31 AM, atomised said:

I hate to go there but is it possible you go through your collection and pick out 10 longs to sell?  I'm not a fan of storing my books anywhere else including storage lockers and I have to imagine other options would be very expensive.  

@MrBedrock ?

Edited by adamstrange

On 3/15/2024 at 6:47 PM, Aman619 said:

yeah  like the Pharaohs, hire contractors to build you a hidden storage space...  but dont forget to kill them all when they are done.  Its not pretty, but it works.

On 3/14/2024 at 1:31 AM, atomised said:

The only place I am familiar with is UOVO Art, and after touring their facility in San Francisco, I was not impressed. 

Why would people store their valuable art in a seismically active place like SF? :eek:

On 3/13/2024 at 12:31 PM, atomised said:

My suggestion ...before I duck incoming tomatoes... would be contacting Ft. Knox to see if they have any Airbnb space available. :shiftyeyes:

On 3/15/2024 at 9:47 PM, Aman619 said:

yeah  like the Pharaohs, hire contractors to build you a hidden storage space...  but dont forget to kill them all when they are done.  Its not pretty, but it works.

Just like Batman did with the workers who built the Batcave. To the OP I hope you find a place that works for you. Just be sure the humidity and temperature inside is maintained.