• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The JSA acquisition is going to be a game changer for Signed non witnessed books
7 7

135 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2024 at 12:19 AM, DougC said:

I do not currently believe any authentication company will pass the DF 1990's Kirby signatures. They are not going to come out and say it specifically because they want your money.

The thought process 10 years ago was that some may have been real but most were signed by Roz (as stated by Borock working for CBCS and a few have JSA/PSA Stickers) but today it is all but consensus that they are not his signature and no authentication company is going to pass these books:

• Uncanny X-Men #304 (750 copies)
  • Milestone X-Men #1 (2000 copies)
  • Marvel Milestone Edition Fantastic Four #1 (2000* +/-)

CBCS has graded copies of these and has claimed the signatures are authentic.

On 7/26/2024 at 11:29 AM, Jimmy Linguini said:

CBCS has graded copies of these and has claimed the signatures are authentic.

which is specifically why I added that statement from Steve when he was still with them.

On 7/26/2024 at 12:26 PM, revat said:

Jack Kirby is the number one most questionable at this point, because it is well know by everyone, including JSA (who [allegedly] certified many fake sigs of Kirby) that his wife signed many many times as him.  If you know it was signed after a certain date (do some research), its probably not even worth it to crack out.  But if you crack it and it matches most of the 'authenticated' cgc jsa authenticated sigs that will come out in the next year or two, I would give it a shot.

fair enough, thank you......

On 7/26/2024 at 12:02 PM, fishbone said:

So I have an 1963 Avengers #1 blue 4.5 that has designation  "Jack Kirby written on first page" ......

I think I should crack out and take another look, and if it looks legit, send into CGC and  try for a JSA authentication ?

Thoughts ?

Honestly, its worth the shot. Best case scenario, you have a truly amazing collectible and worse case scenario you finally know what you have and its true value.

Being in collectible limbo sounds rough

On 7/28/2024 at 11:47 AM, William-James88 said:

Honestly, its worth the shot. Best case scenario, you have a truly amazing collectible and worse case scenario you finally know what you have and its true value.

Being in collectible limbo sounds rough

I sent it in and Cgc has it as we speak ...... hoping for the best

On 8/21/2024 at 12:52 PM, A-DONIS said:

I will say, I'm starting to like the CGC JSA Yellow more than the CGC SS yellow..

Blasphemy GIFs | Tenor

Welp. After my first jsa submission was successful (with 5 verified sigs!) I sent in another book and it is coming back:

Brandon Routh autograph deemed inconclusive by JSA.

Which sucks cause he signed it right in front of me last month. The only thing I can think of is the pen he used was running out and he went over the sig twice. Grumble. 

Screenshot_20240906-1643522.thumb.png.e7a48b3dc8b5ab52454d8f3fb2c0c241.png