• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ed Piskor Has Passed
5 5

307 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2024 at 6:00 PM, Ryan. said:
On 4/5/2024 at 5:18 PM, speedcake said:

the great fault and travesty of the internet is that it has lead the multitudes to believe their every opinion is interesting.

And also fact...

The power of the internet.  It's power to link us together and focus attention and connect us can be a blessing or a curse.  The term 'going viral' really does apply.  I just can't imagine how terrible it would feel if suddenly thousands or millions of people were attacking me online and making accusations and spewing hatred.  On the flip side the internet can expose bad behaviour and help to stop it.  

On 4/5/2024 at 8:57 PM, thehumantorch said:

I just can't imagine how terrible it would feel if suddenly thousands or millions of people were attacking me online and making accusations and spewing hatred.  On the flip side the internet can expose bad behaviour and help to stop it.  

It can even do both at once.

On 4/5/2024 at 9:37 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

It can even do both at once.

This is such a sad thread from start to end. 

I only knew of Ed through his name and attributes... I only heard of these accusations form here, on the CGC forum, sadly.

I went back and listened to the videos both against Ed and in support of Ed on YouTube... seemingly our now, God All Mighty, AI resource for news.

(Yes, a dash of sarcasm here.)

To me, Ed sounded like all of us.

Flawed.

I'm not sure what exactly happened here but from an outsider point of view, it seems like Judgement isn't any or our fortitude, nor should it be.

Rest in Peace, Ed Piskor.

On 4/5/2024 at 8:55 PM, drotto said:

1. What Ed did was wrong, he should not have responded to or continue to respond to Molly in a sexual fashion, or in any fashion.

Was he wrong? Or wrong in some people's opinion? Wrong in the Court of Public Opinion?

I get that most of society may see it as creepy or 'wrong', but depending on the state... it was not illegal. Not by far.

In fact, it somewhat SHOCKED me to look into this... in only 11 of the 50 states is 18 the legal age of consent. What???

In 31 of the 50 states, 62% (!!!!) it's STILL only 16 years of age. (8 of the states it's 17!)

That means that in 39 of the 50 states (an overwhelming 78%), even if Ed had ACTED on what he said (and he DIDN'T) ... it would NOT have been illegal. (He's from Pennsylvania, where it's 16...)

Now I know... the virtuous members of this unorganized, online, non-community are going to jump to show us how gross this is, and that they hate it and yada, yada, yada...

I'm just pointing out FACT.

Go write your Congressperson. I don't have anything to do with it.

YOUR LOCAL LEADERS in 78% of America, look at 17 years of age as old enough for your daughters to make their own decisions about who they date. They've left it in YOUR hands to defend their virtue.

Just sayin'.

On 4/7/2024 at 4:53 AM, Coverless 9.8 said:

Cougars aren't creeps!  I'm just slayin'!  (:

Aaaand speaking of creeps.... 

On 4/6/2024 at 12:44 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

Coming out now that Molly never responded but her boyfriend who was jealous of Ed was  the one that accused Ed. It keeps getting darker. So Molly never went on , but her boyfriend did pretending he was Molly. Hope Piskor family sues. This was cyberbulling at it's finest. 

Jesus...

On 4/6/2024 at 3:44 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

Coming out now that Molly never responded but her boyfriend who was jealous of Ed was  the one that accused Ed. It keeps getting darker. So Molly never went on , but her boyfriend did pretending he was Molly. Hope Piskor family sues. This was cyberbulling at it's finest. 

Which Molly? There are two. Which of course makes some things very confusing. 

Is there a link you can site / post?
Tried Google and couldn't find any new info.

link? I can't seem to find anything for this claim anywhere so far, the only recent stuff coming up are some very low effort YouTube videos trying to delve into her statements (poorly).

On 4/5/2024 at 2:05 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

(tsk)

Still waiting on your reply. 

For someone who is so willing to give his opinion on others, you’re quite reluctant to explain yourself or justify your beliefs. 

I find this attitude quite on par with this topic of discussion in fact 

Couple of interesting links here:

Most of the editorial commentary by "Molly" posted in one place.

and

One week later, the people called out in Ed's suicide note speak up. Leaving aside the conservative slant of the website, the statements of others are all compiled in one article. 

Any reason you haven't provided a citation yet for this claim (your account does show you've been online and in this thread liking posts since asked for it)...it's a real doozy, but I have failed to find anything online in the last three days that sounds anything like this (which is odd cause this is pretty big, but not even the big comicsgate accounts on twitter are talking about it from what I can see)

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 4/9/2024 at 9:23 AM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

Let the lawsuits decide this. I realized not to get caught up on this. This will be my final post on the subject. 

You didn't want to get caught up in this, but just casually dropped serious allegations that nobody else is talking about and expect everyone here to believe you. Gotcha. 

db7.jpg.2fd12102e3c145a1e32205e1f7d47cb6.jpg

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 4/9/2024 at 9:33 AM, Sauce Dog said:

You didn't want to get caught up in this, but just dropped serious allegations that nobody else is talking about and expect everyone to believe you. Gotcha. 

db7.jpg.2fd12102e3c145a1e32205e1f7d47cb6.jpg

Ok. This is why I am not getting involved. Not productive to me. People were hurt. He is not coming back. A issing contest will not solve the problem. Good luck man.