• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Christine Farrell - DC Collector RIP
3 3

71 posts in this topic

geez.  I met her a few times at shows and she was quiet, but confident, never a bragger about her collection, and still amassing EVERY DC even well into the recent years.  And theres another typo in the Scoop article.  "Joe Vereneault of JHB Associates".  A darn shame that one of the top "old-time" dealers (one of the original Sparkle City boys -- with the sheep logo) gets a mention and they misspell his company!  JHV as in Joe Vereanealt! sheesh.

On 5/15/2024 at 12:00 AM, Aman619 said:

A darn shame that one of the top "old-time" dealers (one of the original Sparkle City boys -- with the sheep logo) gets a mention and they misspell his company!  JHV as in Joe Vereanealt! sheesh.

Yes. A shame to be sure!

xD

On 5/14/2024 at 9:02 PM, CGC Mike said:

Wow.  I used to live about 40 minutes from that shop, and have been in it at least once.  RIP Chris

That’s the one on the foot of Church Street in Burlington, right Mike? I’ve only seen new books and trades in there, for the most part, the last several years. 
Do we know if she sold it a few years back? I had the impression the current owner was a younger guy.

• Administrator
On 5/15/2024 at 6:47 AM, Readcomix said:

That’s the one on the foot of Church Street in Burlington, right Mike? I’ve only seen new books and trades in there, for the most part, the last several years. 
Do we know if she sold it a few years back? I had the impression the current owner was a younger guy.

Yep.  The time I remember being there, there was mostly new books.  It would have been 8 to 10 years ago. and it was a younger guy that I asked about GA Actions.  I left empty handed.  Here's the foot of Church St.  I can't remember which building.

image.png

image.png

It’s the lower right corner. 

So I guess she sold it a while ago? I was going there for work in the 2014-2017 timeframe. Always had better luck with back issues at Yin’s Collectibles in the mall. But he closed up a few years back.

• Administrator

That would have been my guess at to where it was located.  I am not sure when it was sold.

On 5/15/2024 at 4:28 AM, RareHighGrade said:

I'm sad to hear this.  Not too long ago, someone posted in a GA thread a YouTube video showing her being interviewed many years ago.  It was fun to watch.

@RareHighGrade Did you mean this post ?

I unfortunately cannot watch the video  :(

She always intrigued me since I first heard of her. I can’t even begin to imagine what dedication, time and money it would take to accomplish such a feat. Sorry to hear of her passing…