• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else getting books back with warped inner wells?
23 23

1,648 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2024 at 3:11 PM, Yorick said:

Perhaps it does.  Perhaps that is what we are seeing here.  Mike's forwarded statement (I'd hate to be the messenger here) indicates different materials being used.

Precisely.

On 9/6/2024 at 3:58 PM, DanJD said:

For those that were already reholdered but just put back in the same “pliable” inner well a second time, should they be reholdered again to get the proper fix?

I hate to say it, but precisely! If there is a change in materials then surely there was a problem (a reason for the change), and if there was a problem, then can I send back all my bowed ones, gratis, for the correct sized well (with a free press thrown in)? It's about 50 books for me. How many for you all?

On 9/6/2024 at 1:18 PM, Rich_Henn said:

I have to respectfully disagree with CGC Mike.  I can show you multiple damaged books in the slabs, as can other facilitators as well as customers.  These curved wells are in fact, damaging the books.  I've seen it, clients have seen it, and it needs to be resolved.  It's happening slowly---slabs that I received back initially looked fine, but three weeks after the fact, you could see spine stress that was not there.  The pressure inside the slabs is causing applied pressure and there by stress to the spines.  The sky is blue, not green.  This is a relatively new phenomenon and looking back, it only seems to have started after CGC started sonicly sealing all four edges so tight that only a hammer could break them out.

:applause:

On 9/6/2024 at 6:46 PM, VinceVellCUSTOMS said:

So I sent my books back in for a mechanical error with the spine ticks and damages, but they will just say that’s normal? I’m still waiting to see what’s going on with my books but this response makes it seem my books are normal now? 

Well, they also admitted to changing the materials they were using, so you could try that argument--"I want the proper sized inner wells that don't cause the bowing." Of course, I am still waiting until we know for sure that this was in fact the problem and that it is now corrected by the larger wells.

Edited by Stuk

On 9/6/2024 at 3:45 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I appreciate you speaking up on this, as it is clear you handle lots of books as well and are very visible in the community. A voice like yours would do wonders on the CGC Comic Fans Facebook group, as anytime any of us other lowly collectors post something even remotely critical about this issue we get the mods insulting us and saying it isn't an issue because THEY haven't had any books themselves impacted (I've seen them accuse people of 'not being real CGC fans', 'hypocrites', or 'not real comic book collectors' and other ad hominem insults in the comments) :D

This is spot on…anything negative and it’s fake news or a conspiracy theory.  CGC could leave a turd in their slab and they would say it’s perfect and thank them for the great job.

• Administrator

To those of you with specific questions, please send them to CS.  Their contact is listed below, and in my earlier post today. 

"If you have any comments, questions or concerns, please write to us at Service@CGCcomics.com or call or text us at +1-855-GRADE10."

You can also contact them through the Ask CGC section on this forum.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/23-ask-cgc/