• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is anyone else getting books back with warped inner wells?
27 27

2,123 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2024 at 1:46 PM, lostboys said:

How come when I simply search "CGC" in Google...PSA is above CGC?

Thats messed up, man.

Im not putting "grading" or anything else...just "CGC".

Do they pay Google to make this possible?... because theres no "C" or "G" in PSA.

:roflmao:

Uh-oh....this makes for a new conspiracy theory!

Maybe CGC was purchased by some new upstart comic grading company and they have purposefully been causing Bend-gate in order to drive adoption of the new product from their new parent company!

May 2024

image.thumb.jpeg.df48f5399060396ace19f01e3e6abe64.jpeg

October 2024

image.thumb.jpeg.da9758b869d63df7b7b4399e1973d8f4.jpeg

And I'm still holding 3 damaged books, one with a 1/4" color-breaking spine tick that CGC continues to tell me is "acceptable" in 9.8.  3 books which CGC wont re-slab because the bends are "normal", and 3 books with damage which CGC wont refund me for.  Their customer service wont even answer my last question from like a month ago.  

So, please, do continue to tell us that they did now stop using those inner wells, that they wont admit had anything wrong with them, 5 months after they said the same thing.  Please tell me again how I should contact customer service.   

This is not only frustrating, it's downright insulting.

Edited by 0r0d

On 10/3/2024 at 7:09 PM, mikenyc said:

You’re directing your ire in the wrong direction.  It’s understandable that you would be upset, but Mike is not the CEO of the company. He is clearly being told not to answer questions. 

They have allowed this thread to reach over 100 pages filled with  pictures, examples, reholders with the same issues, scientific explanations, conspiracy theories and many hypotheses. Creating an issue with the self proclaimed “messenger” is not productive. 

I do hold CGC responsible, and I know he's only delivering the messages from them.

However, when you are given messages that are clearly lies, gaslighting customers, and insulting their intelligence, and you willingly pass those on time and again... then you do have SOME responsibility.  No one is forcing him to do it.  He has free will.  It's his job to be their messenger and their representative, and he willingly does it.  "I was just following orders" doesnt absolve you of responsibility in war, much less so in this case.

On 10/3/2024 at 10:29 PM, 0r0d said:

"I was just following orders" doesnt absolve you of responsibility in war, much less so in this case.

So the bent inner well situation is like war, only worse?

In terms of responsibility maybe consider that everyone impacted is upset that it happened, and some participants in the thread have been outright angry, but only a small group of people are acting out in the way that you are. 

• Administrator
On 10/4/2024 at 8:35 AM, Msgarmar said:

@CGC Mike Did they provide you a date when they stopped using the old inner wells and started using the new ones? 

No, I have not been provided a date.  Sorry.

On 10/3/2024 at 1:46 PM, lostboys said:

How come when I simply search "CGC" in Google...PSA is above CGC?

Thats messed up, man.

Im not putting "grading" or anything else...just "CGC".

Do they pay Google to make this possible?... because theres no "C" or "G" in PSA.

:roflmao:

I just tried and I got the same. It's a sponsored search result, so even though the letters don't match, PSA wants to be a result for a search for CGC. Makes sense.

PSA is likely starting to make an early marketing push targeting results for CGC specifically so customers start to associate branding and recognition. So when they start the real push the customer would think "i've heard of them" instead of "who are they" in regards for grading comics.