• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Axe Elf has passed away
2 2

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Board member @Axe Elf passed away April 15th. Many of us were deeply worried after he stopped showing up in the Warren Magazine reading club thread he curated, but we were not able to confirm his passing until today.

He was probably most active in the Magazine forums, but I saw him posting everywhere across the forums.  His love for the Warren Magazines directly inspired me to put together my collection, we were both working on our runs at the same time and we frequently pointed each other at books we knew we needed.

I wish I had known him better but I'm glad we were friends on the forum for the couple years we were here together, and I miss him and his funny, insightful comments and his absolute delight in the hobby.

https://www.aldenharrington.com/memorials/robert-yost/5412656/index.php

Edited by OtherEric

I didn't know him that well, but we got on just fine. He seemed like a great guy. My condolences to his family and friends at this difficult time. 

Man, these boards're really starting to rack up a body count.

Yup. He clearly cared a lot about the comics / magazines, stories, artists.

Sad news.

On 6/7/2024 at 1:46 AM, Cat said:

I didn't know him that well, but we got on just fine. He seemed like a great guy. My condolences to his family and friends at this difficult time. 

Man, these boards're really starting to rack up a body count.

Yes, far too many, as it always is.

RIP AE.

Always sobering to hear one of our own has passed. It's also such a huge reminder that these boards are just a TINY window into the lives of each user, and we all contain so much more. RIP Axe Elf.

On 6/7/2024 at 1:30 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

That's no age, is it. He had a fierce intellect - his religion thread here was often fascinating and thought provoking. I only had very limited interaction with him in the time he was here, but I find it sad nonetheless when I see established boardies pass, especially when you get to read a little about their lives away from this forum. It's sad news to read, but thank you Eric for taking the time to investigate his absence and for bringing his passing to our attention.

I remembered him participating CGC grading contests a while ago, correct?