• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Houseroy has officially lost his mind
3 3

58 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 8/2/2024 at 1:21 PM, AlterEgo2024 said:

Hi Mike,

My original username was my real first and last name. I'd prefer to not have that username resurrected due to my concern with internet security in general . I appreciate your offer. :foryou:

Please PM it to me.  I will merge your old account with this one.  You will keep your current id.

Breaking News: Roy Thomas now taking credit for creating Conan, Captain America, Superman, Tom Sawyer and Sherlock Holmes. Disney will now list Roy as sole creator of Captain America. 

IMHO Gerry Conway and others had better outlive Roy or he will weasel his way into Stealing credit for Punisher and other Characters...

Edited by MAR1979

On 8/2/2024 at 2:37 PM, comicwiz said:

My quote was used on the Four Colour Sinners post on the controversy surrounding this, the post provides a good summary of reactions across social media. Click the quote below to take you to the post:

TheRestisHouseroyBeingHouseroyKirbyTriedtoWarnAllofUs.png.0fb573da09c3df3030d2d9a71ef89c25.png

Lots of great quotes in that article. Great web site too.

This is obviously Roy Thomas taking his shot at being immortalized. Although he created many memorable characters, Ghost Rider probably being his most notable to the mainstream world, Wolverine is an Omega level creation ,to steal a reference, along the likes of Superman, Spider-Man, Batman, Wonder Woman, that transcends comics. To be associated as a creator of one of those is generational.

On 8/2/2024 at 10:36 AM, AlterEgo2024 said:

You can send a PM to the board administrators and ask them to check my email and IP addresses (or whatever process they use to detect Stu) if you'd like. :baiting: 

I originally started on the board in 2003 when Flaming Telepath (remember him?) told me about the CGC board in a message he had sent to me on eBay. I was active on the board until the new forum software was implemented. As you may recall, some users were not able to login in on the new board. I was one of those users. I tried to have my login recovered but for whatever reason I was never able to log back in. So, I gave up on visiting the board until last year. I've basically been a lurker until now. 

What was your ID on the eBay board?

Sorry, I didn't read your next post until after I wrote this one.

In any case, welcome back!

Edited by skypinkblu

Roy will be in my neck of the woods in November. $20 for a kick in the balls, $35 for a harder kick in the taint. 

Now taking orders! 

On 8/19/2024 at 2:38 AM, Cat said:

Roy will be in my neck of the woods in November. $20 for a kick in the balls, $35 for a harder kick in the taint. 

Now taking orders! 

Are those fees for him to kick you, or you to kick him? If it’s the latter, write me down for $100 worth.

On 8/20/2024 at 1:43 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Are those fees for him to kick you, or you to kick him? If it’s the latter, write me down for $100 worth.

Those fees are donations, and co-incidentally align with the number of ball and taint kicks he'll receive. 

I'm going to have sore legs the next day... 

Edited by Cat

On 8/13/2024 at 9:11 AM, Coverless 9.8 said:

Stop doubting Thomas!  Roy should cameo in all upcoming Marvel movies, replacing the late Stan Lee!  (:

Either as Uatu / Watcher Jr, continuing the tradition directly, or, as Abraham Cornelius, the Weapon X Project’s discoverer of the adamantium bonding process used on Logan, and effectively, the creator of Wolverine. You see where I’m going with that.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 8/20/2024 at 1:42 AM, Silver Surfer said:

Same name, color, cape, I don’t see the connection. :baiting:

More a response to DC’s android version of the originally Golden Age and human Red Tornado.