• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,770 posts in this topic

New acquisition. G. M. Farley "John Carter and the Giant of Mars" Amazing Stories Cover Recreation Original Art (1974). Recreation of J. Allen St. John's famous 1941 Amazing Stories cover, by E. R. Burroughs fan artist G. M. Farley. Oil paint on canvas-covered board measuring 13.75" x 18".

EE02F49C-4AEF-4EDF-B11D-9E7494120BA9_zpsgxehxorc.jpg

A rare page from the DC Babylon 5 comic book series. Rare only in that it was obscure and not well liked at the time. However I am a big Babylon 5 fan and am thrilled to have it. Starfuries, Jump Gates, and Ivanova!

Michael Netzer was away from drawing comics 1994-2009 so this was hard to find.

9lzRUP3T_2701141357031.jpg

Hi all,

I've reposted my new Dan Jurgens cover.

The problem with the image seems to be resolved !

Please check it out via this link:

http://qurls.com?i=54345

The downer -

the two nice comments I got from Mike and Aiden are now gone...:(

I'm really sorry for that, guys, if you could, please repost them...

I really appreciate the time and thought you'd put into it.

Best,

Gal

Thanks to DScott, I was able to get this nice J Scott Campbell piece, unpacked and got it on my wall this weekend:

J%20Scott%20Campbell%20-%20Mandy.jpg

I thought it was a great girly sketch, and a nice example of his ink/copic work, that was almost reminiscent of his sketchbook pieces.

I went through an interesting struggle on this piece. Through some very helpful collectors of J Scott Campbell's art, I was able to determine the original purchase value (at a convention) of similar pieces. I then had to justify the increase in price to A) the cost of me going to a convention, B) the ability to actually get a JSC sketch and C) the time I would have to take to stand in line playing pocket pool waiting for my sketch.

After some thought and consultation with the wife - I went for it, feeling good with my purchase. This was the most expensive piece I've bought to-date. I know for a lot of boardies, going to a convention is easy peasy, but for people like me, in the middle of nowhere - it's quite an undertaking to get to a con, and I discovered that I really don't have a problem paying a premium to obtain something I may not ever get on my own.

Thanks to DScott, I was able to get this nice J Scott Campbell piece, unpacked and got it on my wall this weekend:

I thought it was a great girly sketch, and a nice example of his ink/copic work, that was almost reminiscent of his sketchbook pieces.

I went through an interesting struggle on this piece. Through some very helpful collectors of J Scott Campbell's art, I was able to determine the original purchase value (at a convention) of similar pieces. I then had to justify the increase in price to A) the cost of me going to a convention, B) the ability to actually get a JSC sketch and C) the time I would have to take to stand in line playing pocket pool waiting for my sketch.

After some thought and consultation with the wife - I went for it, feeling good with my purchase. This was the most expensive piece I've bought to-date. I know for a lot of boardies, going to a convention is easy peasy, but for people like me, in the middle of nowhere - it's quite an undertaking to get to a con, and I discovered that I really don't have a problem paying a premium to obtain something I may not ever get on my own.

That's a nice score. I love JSC stuff as well and the premium you paid was most likely worth it. It's not the easiest thing to get something of that quality nowadays as he's often only doing the quick sketches, and then the line time for those can even end up being quite the marathon. Congrats!

That's a nice score. I love JSC stuff as well and the premium you paid was most likely worth it. It's not the easiest thing to get something of that quality nowadays as he's often only doing the quick sketches, and then the line time for those can even end up being quite the marathon. Congrats!

great piece