• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL "This week in your ORIGINAL ART collection?"
38 38

12,757 posts in this topic

Haven't received this one yet, but I just popped a $200 BIN on eBay for it this morning and am pretty excited about it. I've been looking for a nice piece from the original Crow series (i.e. not from the 10,000 crappy mini-series that have come out since) for quite some time.

I have no idea if/where this image was published, but it's cool as hell and predates Caliber Presents 1 (the Crow's 1st appearance) by a year and predates the movie by 6.

crow.jpg

Here's the link to the auction. If anyone knows more about this image, please let me know.

Send James an email and ask him about it... fanmail@jamesobarr.net

Added a nice PREACHER page today purchased from a board member 893applaud-thumb.gif

s4x9cg.jpg

Now, if only the other board member I bought TWO pages from would ship those.................. poke2.gif

Alright Mike...we're gonna have to change your call sign to "The House Of PREACHER!" smile.gif

Very nice addition...congrats! headbang.gif

-Hart

This one showed up in my email box today (since it is a digital color job of a commission I have)

Here is Tom Smith's Digital Colors of David Michael Beck's Red Skull's Trophy Wall.

RedS_col2hires2.JPG

Tom's a pro's pro.....

Best,

Chris Caira

Oh My farking Gosh.... amazing..

How much are these commisions costing if I may ask?

Thanks for the kind words,

Beck's pencils and inks were $600 (11"x17")

Tom Smith charges anywhere from $100-150 depending on complexity....

I consider them both a bargain...

Best,

Chris

Oh My farking Gosh.... amazing..

How much are these commisions costing if I may ask?

Thanks for the kind words,

Beck's pencils and inks were $600 (11"x17")

Tom Smith charges anywhere from $100-150 depending on complexity....

I consider them both a bargain...

Best,

Chris

is the Swastika backwards on purpose, or was the original art mirrored at one time?

is the Swastika backwards on purpose, or was the original art mirrored at one time?

The origins of the swastika come from its origins in sanskrit (thousands of years before WWII), include stories that the reverse swastika represents darkness, misfortune and suffering. Some say the direction means nothing or is ambiguous at best. I think that is what the artist was going for, the Skull is pure evil and the reversed swastika is a representation of darkness, suffering and misfortune.

Chris

The origins of the swastika come from its origins in sanskrit (thousands of years before WWII), include stories that the reverse swastika represents darkness, misfortune and suffering. Some say the direction means nothing or is ambiguous at best. I think that is what the artist was going for, the Skull is pure evil and the reversed swastika is a representation of darkness, suffering and misfortune.

Do you have a link for this information? Nothing that I've ever read states anything even close to this unless it's in regards to the Swastika and the Nazi's. Left or right facing has different meanings depending on the religion/culture, but none have it as evil. Even Wikipedia doesn't state it anywhere ( Wikipedia Link ). The Swastika is often labeled as evil these days even though it has universaly been a good symbol throughout history in just about every religion and culture.

Not trying to start an arguement... just genuinely interested.

Hi guys! Here is the end result of my botched art transaction. I wont go into the full story again, but knowing the full details, it really could've happened to anyone. Basicly I ordered 7 pages of art while 3 of pages were also sold to Mike Hosey (Truth be told, if it was anyone other than Mike, I probably never would have been able to make this transaction).

With the sting of my order gone south, I cancelled the rest of my order (refund was agreed by the rep) since I truly wanted the splash page as the centerpiece of the group of pages. My heart wasn't in it as it was initially.

The basic deal Mike and I came to was that he would sell me the page if I picked up the tab on the other 2 pages from the deal he received. I was very happy with this, so here it is

1168080-NEWAVN_017_23_Deodato_Pimen.jpgcloud9.gif

(Worth every penny of me "whining like a beeyotch")

Thanks for everyone's support

Edited by micmack

Do you have a link for this information? Nothing that I've ever read states anything even close to this unless it's in regards to the Swastika and the Nazi's. Left or right facing has different meanings depending on the religion/culture, but none have it as evil.

No problem,

I googled reverse swastika to get the info. It was the first link.

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/anti-masonry/swastika/index.html

They mention that the left right have different meanings to some, and to others there is no difference at all.

I never actually asked for the reverse image, but I did talk about how much Skull hated Hitler and perhaps he took that to mean he was the opposite.

Best,

Chris

Hi guys! Here is the end result of my botched art transaction. I wont go into the full story again, but knowing the full details, it really could've happened to anyone. Basicly I ordered 7 pages of art while 3 of pages were also sold to Mike Hosey (Truth be told, if it was anyone other than Mike, I probably never would have been able to make this transaction).

With the sting of my order gone south, I cancelled the rest of my order (refund was agreed by the rep) since I truly wanted the splash page as the centerpiece of the group of pages. My heart wasn't in it as it was initially.

The basic deal Mike and I came to was that he would sell me the page if I picked up the tab on the other 2 pages from the deal he received. I was very happy with this, so here it is

NEWAVN_017_23_Deodato_Pimentel.jpgcloud9.gif

(Worth every penny of me "whining like a beeyotch")

Thanks for everyone's support

Prettiest red x I've ever seen ( gossip.gif -- you can't remote link from CAF galleries).

I think this is what you were trying to show off... 893applaud-thumb.gif

1168080-NEWAVN_017_23_Deodato_Pimen.jpg

1168080-NEWAVN_017_23_Deodato_Pimen.jpg.61625f602c39365ab1c0e7e7be58aff5.jpg

Alright I know I just posted new art, but this came in the mail today. I really love it.

Iron Man #120 page 2. The first issue of the demon in a bottle storyline by Romita Jr/Layton. Not only do you get some great images of Iron Man and Tony Stark, you get him ordering his 4th martini, and saying that he is "drinking for two". insane.gif

A little slice of Marvel History, thanks to fellow board member and buddy Jeff Sharpe for letting this go....I love it.

120_IRONMAN2.jpg

Best,

Chris Caira

Do you have a link for this information? Nothing that I've ever read states anything even close to this unless it's in regards to the Swastika and the Nazi's. Left or right facing has different meanings depending on the religion/culture, but none have it as evil.

No problem,

I googled reverse swastika to get the info. It was the first link.

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/anti-masonry/swastika/index.html

They mention that the left right have different meanings to some, and to others there is no difference at all.

I never actually asked for the reverse image, but I did talk about how much Skull hated Hitler and perhaps he took that to mean he was the opposite.

Best,

Chris

kewl. no offense intended. i really dig that theme you have going. it will be interesting to see them all up at the same time...hint hint

should have a Thanos one by Starlin. that would be just ill